Is Brunei a tax free country?
- Brunei has no personal income tax. What you earn is all yours.
- The cost of living is considerably lower than in the UK. Spacious houses are available at a reasonable cost. Here are some pictures of houses in Brunei rented to teachers from overseas.
- There are no exchange controls. Your cash can be moved in and out of Brunei without restriction.
- The Brunei Dollar has the same value as the Singapore Dollar.
- Petrol is remarkably cheap - less than 20 pence per litre for unleaded.