Is WikiAnswers useful?
Here are opinions from our users:
- The usefulness is variable by category and question, which is
why I like to jump in and help out, to make it better.
- Due to the fact that the answers are user-generated and most of
the answers are opinionated, biased and with little to no fact
backing them up, the site is fairly useless for any practical
- Much less reliable than Wikipedia.com.
- Wikipedia is a great site but it's design and focus is to deal
with a single word or phrase at a time, not
with questions. WikiAnswers' design and focus is to be the
best place where anyone can ask a question and other
contributors can collaborate to give their best possible
answer (or answers) to that question. All
answers on WikiAnswers are given by voluntary contributors.
- Yes, you can find all kind of information here. Answers.com is
a dictionary/encyclopedia. It uses information from many different
Why do any contributors write answers here? The main reason is
that they are really interested in the topics of the questions and
feel they have some relevant knowledge and experience which they
wish to share with other people.
Nobody has to answer anything unless they want to give up their
own free time to do so. They always make a personal choice
first to give an answer and second exactly what they
want to say in an answer.
When they answer a question, they usually try to give as much
information as they think is relevant to the actual question