Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2009-08-07 02:50:43
2009-08-07 02:50:43

== == In the event that you got into a car accident and it was not your fault but the other driver's, if he is insured, his insurance company is liable to pay for the damages of your vehicle.

On the other hand, if the other driver is not insured, your own insurance company, provided you have a policy regarding uninsured or underinsured drivers, will be responsible for the damages your vehicle has incurred. They however, may have a right of action against the person responsible for the accident.

The person who caused the damage to your vehicle is ultimately responsible for the damage to your vehicle regardless of whether there is an applicable insurance coverage or not. Whether you actually have the repairs done is none of their business.


Related Questions

The owner of the vehicle is allowed to have his damages repaired anywhere he/she wants. If you have already been determined to be at fault I suggest that you just pay the damages and get insured... or don't drive.

Very simple, the insurance policy follows the vehicle not the driver. In this case, the vehicle insurer will be responsible for all damages.

Not necessarily unless the 'owner' is also the parent of the underage driver. If not, assuming the car was insured, the insurance company may deny the claim. If the vehicle was not insured, then it becomes a civil matter where the owner of the vehicle may be sued by the accident victim and may be found responsible for not having had the vehicle insured if it is the law in your state. If this is the case, and you are not related to the young driver who stole your vehicle, then you have a civil case against that minor's parents and they would in turn be liable and responsible for any damages you may have been made responsible for.

The insurance status of the victim's vehicle is irrelevant. The at-fault insurance company will pay for your damages whether your car is insured or not.

Both the Driver and the Owner are liable for the damages. The driver, whether licensed or not is the primarily liable party. The insured passenger owner is secondarily liable for damages by the unlicensed driver he permitted to operate his vehicle.

Yes; the process is called subrogation. The insurer that paid for the repair of its's insured's vehicle succeeds to the right of action against the at-fault party for the purpose of collecting that which it paid. The subrogating insurer has no greater rights than its insured did, such that if its insured is found to have been, for example, 30% at fault for the collision (in those states that adhere to comparative negligence), the insurer can recover only 70% of its damages.

The driver is always responsible. It is the drivers obligation to verify insurance before getting behind the wheel. If you have insurance on another vehicle you may have some liability insurance covering YOU when you get in someone else's vehicle. Check with your agent.

If a person is driving a car and he/she is uninsured but the vehicle in which he is driving is registered and insured to another individual, the registered owner is liable for the damages to the other pwesond's vehicle.

what damages? to the car? if the car is insured that insurer (assuming coverage is available) will handle that damage, if you mean you were injured driving an insured depends on a lot of things...more info regarding status of drivers, vehicle, fact of loss, etc.....and perhaps i can be of more assistance...

1The answer depends on several circumstances, none of which you mention, so the answer has to be that it could be yes or no. Years ago I used to be an auto insurance adjuster. The policy of the company I worked for was this:1. IF the vehicle was NOT paid for [had a lienholder, like a bank or finance company], we had to make the draft out to our insured, AND to the body shop that was going to do the repair, OR If the insured requested, the names of our insured and his LIENHOLDER.This basically forced the insured to get the vehicle repaired, or at least to contact his lienholder and report the damaged vehicle. It was then between he and his lienholder whether he used the funds to repair the vehicle.2. On the other hand, IF our insured's vehicle was PAID OFF, and the insured wanted the draft made payable to himself only, then that's the way we wrote the draft.3. IF the draft was to a third party claimant, regardless of lienholder or not, we wrote the draft to the claimant only.

regardless of whom is insured or not, the 'negligent' or liable party is responsible for the damage or 'to make whole' the injured (this means damage to vehicle as well) party........ i think the insured should pay since it was there fault

The people responsible for an automobile accident are those who are operating the involved vehicles at the time of the accident - unless the cause is mechanical failure or some other event outside the control or any of the operators. The person responsible for paying for the resulting damages may be the vehicle owners or the person who bought the vehicle insurance (usually, but not always, the same person). When operator negligence is involved, the operator may be responsible for paying the damages, even though the operator is not the insured person.

In the UK, if you are insured fully comp for your own vehicle you are covered to drive any vehicle for third party damages, unless your policy states otherwise. Some policies allow you to drive any other vehicle fully comp. Check your policy.

The owner of the car that caused your damages will be responsible to pay damages to you unless you live in a no-fault state. In that case, your insurance pays for your damages.

Weather doesn't matter. Your HomeOwners Insurance would be responsible for those damages.

Once the agent takes possession of the vehicle, they are responsible for any damages which occur.

The driver, as he's the one who caused the damage. The driver of a vehicle, whether a juvenile or the owner of the vehicle, damages city property with a vehicle, that driver is responsible for damages. Should it go to small claims court, you may have to sue both the parent and the juvenile, as some states vary with regard to parental responsibility.

The at fault driver always has the primary liability for the damages they cause in an accident. (The guy who rams the other guy).

A company owns a truck that is used to move semi-trailers and this company is self insured has leased a driver from another company and the driver has an accident on the truck owners property that involves only the truck who would be responsible for the damages. The company who owns the truck and their insurance or the company who leased the driver ?

The driver is responsible to the hotel; the hotel is responsible to you for any damages that you incur.

Absolutely. You are responsible for making sure the vehicle that you are driving is insured. It does not make any difference that you have other car insurance or even that the owner of the vehicle has other insurance. If there is not insurance on the vehicle you are driving then you are guilty.

this all depends on what the suit is.........I'll assume that you are sueing for damages to your vehicle and an injury from the SUE the person responsible, if you gain a judgment and there is insurance coverage the insurance company will be bound by the judgment to pay........(they will also be providing their insured with an attorney......) they cannot mention in the trail that there is insurance involved....

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.