Yes, indirectly. Common pool algae are not directly harmful, but algae convert sunlight into food and release waste products that can feed harmful bacteria and other micro-organisms. Black algae can be quite difficult to eliminate, particularly in plaster pools. Any item that has been exposed to the algae should be treated along with the pool water. All pool toys, nets, hoses, brushes, etc. need to be thrown into the pool and treated. The sides of the pool will often need to be scraped or brushed. Probably the best algaecide is copper (II) sulfate. After the treatment is complete, you may then need to use Pool Magnet to remove the copper from the water.
When black algae appear in a swimming pool, it can look like a black discoloration or black spots on the sides or the bottom of the pool. This occurs when there is not enough chlorine in the pool, so treatment is necessary to get rid of this algae.
Black algae, Very hard to get rid of the sooner you start the better.
in a swimming pool
Red or pink algae in a swimming pool is actually a bacteria. The most common cause is contamination from swimming suits when going from the ocean to the pool. Chlorine is the most effective treatment. Algae products will not work because it is not a true algae.
Vacuum the pool slowly on backwash.
That is probably black algae. You need to go to a pool store and have them advise the proper chemical and use of that chemical for your pool. It may take a granular product for white plaster pools. Color tinted pools are another matter and you should use a liquid black algae treatment. And if you have a vinyl liner pool I just do not see how in the world you could get black algae. Black algae comes from not maintaining proper chlorine levels and adjusting the pH.
If it is genuine 'black algae' it is very difficult to remove without emptying the pool and gouging the black algae out of the pool surface. Other algae can be removed by shocking the pool, filtering continuously and brushing walls while maintaining a good sanitizer level.
Black Algae is the toughest of all to get rid of The best thing to do wit it is scrub it so that the waxy surface of it is thoughtfully damaged then shock the pool and hit it with a strong algaecide. A pool shop will be able to recommend the right product to do this.
To treat black algae you will need to add an algaecide to your pool water. These are specifically designed to kill and prevent algae.
Phosphates are Algae Food. If your swimming pool has a lot of phosphates it's more likely to get algae if it is not correctly sanitized.
pool algae...YUCK!!!! it's algae basiclly and it grows FAST!!!!!!! Basiclly the picture tells all. The pool became green and don't imagine swimming in it!!! This is echosong101lol speaking to the person who wrote this^^^^^ Pool algae is not that bad you know.Its nature.To be honest, I wouldn't mind swimming in it.(I would just want goggles)!!
Floating black dots in swimming pools are black or spot algae. They first appear as small specks on the pool's surface and then multiply rapidly.
This is because it got the water too warm and algae started growing. The warmer the water is just a breeding ground for algae. Get some algae cleaner at your pool store and follow the directions with heavy shock after that. Frustrating!
Algae can be skimmed from the top of the water using a pool skimmer. It can be removed from the sides of the pool using a brush. To prevent algae from growing in the future, a chemical "shock" will be necessary.
i don't see the problem with swimming in a pool of algae i wound not swallow it thought! it may not be good for u
No Black algae can be found every where from the shower cubicle to the the water in the sea, unless you have some particular allergy to it there is nothing to worry about. However if there is algae in the pool, it is best to get rid of it as it will effect the effectiveness of the pools disinfection system, Black algae is particularly hard to get rid of and should always be tackled is quickly as possible
You shouldn't have algae in your pool if your chemicals are correct. I would suggest NOT swimming in it until you have had it maintained. You will probably need to do a chlorine shock to it to kill off the algae, then stabilize it. If the algae is too bad, then draining the pool and cleaning it would seem in order (Disclaimer: I am NOT a pool person... just a guy who knows a little bit about them)
it can vary, between 1 year and 7.
you probably have a problem with algae. A pool shop will be able to supply you with the chemicals to tackle it.
Swimming in chemically imbalanced swimming pool can give harm into your health. You need to keep in mind that every pool must have clean water, free from algae, dirt and sediments. There are may tips that you can get online on how to properly balance your swimming pool chemicals.
There are a wide variety of solutions when it comes to controlling algae in swimming pools. The best and most widely used method for controlling algae is by using chlorine.
Red worms in your swimming pool are NOT dangerous to you but it is dangerous to the red worms. Red worms are much like earthworms. They need to be in soil not water with harmful chemicals such as chlorine. I have no red worms in MY pool as you so state.
Regular clothes detergent should suffice.