Is dried gorilla glue dust from sanding toxic to inhale?
May not be actually toxic, but certainly NOT healthy !
You should ALWAYS wear a good mask while sanding anything !
Very. When you inhale it, the gas goes into your lungs and reacts with any bit of water and moisture in there to form corrosive chlorine water, which is when chlorine dissolves in water. This would then just start corroding your lungs from the inside out, which is what causes that terrible agonizing pain you feel when you inhale it.
If the dried paint is on the inside of a pyrex container and you cook something in it, it is possible that some of the paint might leech into the food. The fumes from appliance epoxy paint are highly toxic, and it is doubtful that any paint manufacturer would recommend that dried flakes of the paint be taken internally. There is a good possibilty that a small amount of the paint wouldn't hurt you. However…
You can. However the old surface needs to be prepared so that it is clean and free from cracks and flaking. Giving it a good sand would probably also be helpful Do NOT DRY sand, shave, or scrape oil-based paint put on before 1978, as it may be lead-based and toxic. If you must rough up the surface for the latex paint to stick, wet sand it by misting it with water and then sanding…
Yes! Especially in older homes that may still have lead based paint. Most paint now is not as harmful as the lead based paint, but are we talking touching it? Eating it? Any paint that is eaten is not good, but yes some paints, even dried are toxic. Especially if they are also coated with sealant, etc. If you know your child has ingested dried paint, definitely call poison control for professional assistance.