Children and the Law

Is it legal to file a lien for an offense committed by a minor?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2005-10-19 15:48:18
2005-10-19 15:48:18

You would need to sue the parents or legal guardian of the minor in the proper court of venue, if you win and are awarded a judgment, generally a judgment can by executed against the property of the losing defendant(s). Bear in mind that depending on the specific circumstances, most states have a specific amount that can be recovered in lawsuits naming minor defendant and their parent(s) or guardian, ususally making it a small claims case.


Related Questions

A minor can't execute a binding contract, sign a complaint or hire an attorney because they don't have legal capacity. For that reason, a guardian must be appointed by the court to act on behalf of the minor in legal matters.

It Depends What You Need Signed But 18 Is A Legal Age Because You Are Not A Minor And Do Not Need Your Parents Consent !

Yes a minor can file a police report anywhere.

No. At twenty an individual is no longer a child (minor) but a legal adult, no longer the mandatory responsibility of a legal guardian, and not eligible for child support.

Define "complaint." At your age the police would accept your "complaint" (i.e.: report) of a criminal offense committed against you, but for any civil law-type actions you would have to at least be the age of "legal majority" in Georgia, which in most states is 18 years of age.

how do you file for a legal separation in the state of NJ

File a police report immediately and follow their advice. That would be a criminal offense.File a police report immediately and follow their advice. That would be a criminal offense.File a police report immediately and follow their advice. That would be a criminal offense.File a police report immediately and follow their advice. That would be a criminal offense.

You file a case in the court system of the jurisdiction in which the offense occurred.

The adult must file a petition for legal guardianship with the court and the parents of the child must consent. You should visit the family court and speak with an advocate who can explain the legal process and help you file the petition.

There is no such action when it pertains to a warrant for a criminal offense. The best option is for the named person to retain legal counsel and present themselves along with their legal representative to the authorities as soon as possible.

I do not live in MA, but it is to my knowledge that if your daughter is still a minor and under your guardianship, you can file. As long as you have logical cause for the filing it shouldn't be a problem.

You don't specify the jurisdiction you're interested in, but falsely filing any legal document is almost guaranteed to be a criminal offense.

if you are not legal in America can you file for cild support?

Not unless the parents file a report. Also the parents of the minor have other legal options to have the minor returned to their custody if that is what they choose to do.

What do you mean by "any" age? You have to be a legal adult in your state in order to file a request. If you are a minor your parent or guardian would have to do it for you.

Generally, the State has one year from the date of the offense to file misdemeanor charges, but cities may file ordinance violations within five years of the date of offense.

What is Legal to file Chapter 13 on ?

Yes, when both parties are of legal age the US citizen can file for a fiance visa for the foreign national.

The parent(s) must file a name change petition in the county court clerk's office where you and the minor have been a resident for at least 6 months. The petition must be notarized before submission.

Liens are filed on property (such as houses) not on people (such as minors). If a minor is the legal owner of property, that property can still have a lien placed upon it - however, in almost all cases, minors do not own property, their parents or guardians do.

It depends if the file you are seeding is legal or not.

No. But it would be prudent to file an absentee minor report with local authorities or file a petition in the circuit court of the county or city of residence to have the minor returned to their custody or to be relieved of their parental legal and financial obligations.

File sharing is totally legal, sharing files (such as music) when the receiver of the shared file has not purchased the file (music) it is completely legal for someone who has purchased the file to share the file with someone who wants to reveive the file, and continues to file the file.

The parents or guardians can file for emancipation of a minor, the minor may not apply.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.