Is it true that workers comp doctor will only treat your injury but you need another doctor for your general health?

Yes this is correct. Workmans comp. drs. only service the injuries. A medical practice that has a family physician is what your looking for. Check with family and friends to see if they can refer you. If your insurance company through your job, if they offer one, also has participating physicians on its plan. If you cant use those sources, go to the local phone book and look for a doctor that can meet your needs and also check them out through the BBB and through the medical association, I think its 1800doctors.