Isopropyl alcohol and rubbing alcohol are not the same thing. For most uses, yes you can. This is because: • Rubbing alcohol may contain either isopropyl alcohol or ethanol. • Rubbing alcohol is a mixture of compounds (type of denatured alcohol) whereas isopropyl alcohol is not.
Do NOT Drink Rubbing Alcohol It can cause blindness. Rubbing alcohol is "isopropyl" alcohol, not the same chemical as grain alcohol, ("ethyl" alcohol). Don't drink it! Rubbing alcohol is POISONOUS to drink!
Isopropyl alcohol, commonly known as rubbing alcohol, is a solvent that is often used for cleaning or as a disinfectant. It is important to note that this is not the same as ethanol which is the type you can drink. Isopropyl alcohol is poisonous and should never be ingested.
Isopropyl alcohol is not the same as denatured alcohol. The former is a rubbing alcohol that is poisonous. Denatured alcohol, on the other hand, is methanol that has been treated with denatonium benzoate and is not fit for human consumption.