Dilation and Curettage

Is there a pill that will perform a DNC after a miscarriage?

User Avatar
Wiki User
2006-08-15 12:32:04

I am so sorry for your loss. There is a pill that will induce a

miscarriage for a "missed abortion" or blighted ovum. The pill is

called methotrexate and it makes your uterus contract and empty

it's contents most times. An actual D&C procedure the doctor

goes in and gently scrapes the lining of your uterus and pregnancy

tissue out. You can choose either option, it is up to you and you

should discuss with your doctor. Good luck.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.