answersLogoWhite
Home Electricity
New Electrical Work
Modification of Old Electrical Work

Is there a way to create a safe grounding for a light switch in an old wiring home?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2005-03-03 03:56:00
2005-03-03 03:56:00

Run copper wire (green in color) of the same wire size as the switch's to either your service panel's grounding bar, or run to a cold water pipe that has a "jumper" across any indoor meters. Its not a good idea to ground to water lines anymore cause they have been finding that it causes pin holes in the copper lines and shortens the life of the copper tubeing.

Related Questions

User Avatar

Short in the wiring, brake light assembly, or possibly a defective brake light switch.

User Avatar

You could have a bad switch or a loose wire on it but I would check your door pins wiring to make sure they are working properly as well as a loose wire could be grounding out and turning it on. Just my thoughts.

User Avatar

if light is not going off, bad switch or short in wiring to light!!

User Avatar

The switch is failing or the wiring within is loose and bridging the contacts

User Avatar

Short in switch or wiring. Get this repaired ASAP or you may have a fire. answer replace light switch


Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.