Best Answer

It might just be the cam belt broke. <sigh>

yes you can change it without changing the distributor but the cost of the sensor is approx $425 from Dodge i suggest getting a used distributor from a local junk yard for less than $75 if it is because of dtc 54 test wiring to the sensor first because you may end up cangeing it for nothing You can get the cam sensor from autodiscount for $47.00, you may want to do some resezrch in your local autoparts stores...

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2009-04-20 23:45:18
This answer is:
User Avatar

Add your answer:

Earn +5 pts
Q: Is there a way to replace the cam position sensor aside from buying a whole new distributor on a 1996 Dodge Caravan 3.0?
Write your answer...

Related Questions

How do you replace the camshaft position sensor in a 98 Nissan Pathfinder 3.3L 2WD without buying a new distributor?

You can't, it's a non serviceable unit and you must replace the whole distributor.

Where is the coil on a V6 2.5 chrysler cirrus located?

It is built into the distributor and is not available without buying a distributor.

How do you change the crankshaft position sensor on a 91 acura integra ls?

It is an integral part of the distributor. Changing the part is as expensive as buying another distributor. Just change the distributor, that way the whole piece gets some form of warranty where as the CPS(or CAS "cranks angle sensor") is usually considered a solo electrical part and has no warranty, what so ever.

How much money is Mario Kart DS?

It depends on what retailer or distributor you are buying from.Usually it cost $49.99.

What is the firing order for a 1976 subaru dl?

firing order: 1-3-2-4 The distributor rotor turns counter-clockwise The cylinder layout is: 3 4 1 2 Front of car I recommend buying a distributor cap with the #1 position printed on it. A great one is the Standard Motor Products JH72 at rockauto dot com. It has all the cylinder numbers printed on it.

How do you Replace headlight bulb on 89 probe?

You have to replace the headlight on the 89 probe not the bulb. There are four screws that secure the headlight. I turned my headlights on and unhooked the battery so I could replace it while it was in the up position. For standard replacement bulbs I suggest buying them at Wal-Mart. They are about half the price you would pay at an auto parts store.

Can you replace a missing piece from your scrabble game?

Yes. By buying similar scrabble game board, you can replace the missing piece.

Buying yoyo's in Toronto?

FunTelligent Toys is the Canadian distributor of YoYoJam. Perhaps visit their site and maybe they can suggest a store to you.

What will replace the M4?

Unknown, seriously. If I knew that, I'd be buying stock in the company.

What do you do if your iPod Touch has a crack on it?

You may have to replace the screen by buying a new one.

Buying the beneficiary position on a life insurance policy of someone who is dying is called?


Replace drive belt on washing mach?

That is a cheaper alternative to buying a new washer.

Are there brands of tableware that have a means to replace single pieces?

Yes, Corelle and many other brands of tableware allow you to replace a single piece. Though, sometimes buying single pieces can be more expensive alone than buying them in a set.

How do you fix scoring on rotors in a Dodge Caravan?

You replace them. It's quite simple and involves only removing the brake caliper and caliper mounting. You can get them machined, but the cost of that is getting higher than just buying good used ones now. -Most wreckers yards will sell you good ones for about 18-20

What are buying motives and different types of buying motives?

Buying motives are the reasons you buy certain things. Some things are daily needs and staples such as food and utilities. Some buying is to be able to do a specific task. Some buy things to replace what is broken or stolen. There is entertainment and leisure type of buying, and luxury buying like when you buy expensive jewelry.

Is it worth buying iPod accessories?

It is worth buying iPod accessories if you use your iPod outside of your home. You can replace other products with your iPod if you buy the right accessories.

What is one thing you can do when there are acidic bodies of water but quite expensive to do?

You can replace the water by buying a filter

2001 Lincoln ls V8 is misfiring gave tune up but still presists to mis fire the engine light is on says cylinder 7 and 8 misfiring what do i do next?

First remove one of your spark plugs and take a look at it, the color should be light brown and the end of the plug should have no surface damage(ex. Melting, bending...) If those are bad then they must be replaced. If not then move to your plug wires. These run off of your spark plugs and connect to your distributor. They are not that expensive and depending on how long it has been since they were replaced you are probably better off just buying new ones. If that still does not work, then replace the distributor rotor and check the distributor cap, the cap should look clean with no cracks or carbon tracks(black lines) on the inside and out. If all else fails then replace the entire distributor(this will most likely need to be done by a mechanic).

Which van is best Toyota Sienna or dodge caravan?

The sienna is a more stylish car that from most people would say the sienna overall is a better van and i would go with that, but the grand caravan is a less-expensive van that is still ( but not as good as the sienna as i said ) a very good van, i would say go with the sienna if you're buying a van but if it is not in the budget go with a caravan as a second choice.

Is it worth modifying my 2000 Mitsubishi Diamante LS?

Only you can answer that. Depends on what needs fixing and what it is going to cost. Millage of the car and general condition. How many more miles does it have in it. Can you afford to replace it with something else and will you be any better off than you are now. If buying another used car, you may just be buying someone elses problems and will be in the same position or worse.

What would you want to do when developing a marketing position?

When developing a marketing position you should know your market well. it is important to analyze the age group of your target consumers and their buying habits.

How do you replace clock spring on 2001 dodge 3500 pickup truck?

buying a dodge was your first mistake

If you purchased a new key ignition cylinder and misplaced the keys buying the same party can you use those keys Or replace the whole thing?

Replace. Keys are not the same

Can you put sea salt inside the intex pool insead of buying the distributor?

Use what ever is recommended by the builder or the manufacturer of the salt system. If there is a choice then choose one. If there is only one choice then there is no other alternative. It makes no difference whether your pool is an Intex or not! USE THE PRODUCT THAT IS RECOMMENDED. Unless you want to replace the system prematurely. k

What size rear wiper blade is on a 2008-2010 dodge caravan?

16 inch. Note however, when buying wipers be sure to always use the application guide book at the store.