Best Answer

A parent may give temporary custody of a minor child/children w/o using court procedures. Temporary custody is legall defined as three (3) months or less. The parent must supply the attending adult(s) with written authorization (preferably notarized). It should include the date the care is to begin and end, permission for the child/children to be enrolled in school and receive medical care, and the terms of financial support (if any). The parent must keep in contact with the custodial adult and the child/children on a weekly basis, preferably by personal contact, if that is not possible they should call or write at least once a week. The parent should also be certain that the custodial adult knows how to contact them at any time. Even following these guidelines will not ensure that state social services will not intervene, if the situation comes to the attention of authorities. Any time frame longer than three months, will need a legal custodial order from the court of venue.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2005-10-05 03:03:04
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides
See all Study Guides
Create a Study Guide

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Is there any way you can have a family take your child until you have the means to care for your child?
Write your answer...
Related questions

What does child or ward means?

Child means like children(plural)and ward means a guardian take care of the family's child.

What does foster family means?

A foster family is a family that will take in and care for a child temporarily, usually because the child's parents or a single parent is unable to look after their child. A Government Fostering Agency will organise the fostering.

How is foster care not benificial?

the child will have a family, but some of them wont feel happy and fufilled until they are adopted.

What is the difference between family child care service and child care centers?

no, they are the same

Family day care accounts for of the full-time child care given outside of a child's family?

almost 25 percent

Is there a formal regulated national system that oversees family child care and centerbased care?

in the united states: no, the family/child care systems are state based, not federal.

If someone with full custody of a child can no longer take care of this child what should they do?

If there is someone who has custody of a child and can no longer care for the child, they need to give the child to another family member. The local DHS office can help find family members to take care of the child.

Where do I get a child care training ?

You can get child care at the Department of Children and Family. Here the right place for you to get a child care training and if you are successful you can be certified as well as additional money for you to do the job.

Can a nun adopt a child?

No. A nun lives in a religious house with other nuns who serve God by living out their vocation. According to the Catholic Church, a child can only be adopted into a family, where it will receive the nurturing and care of parents whose duty it is to care for the child. Nuns can serve in orphanages, where they serve as surrogate mothers for children until a family receives them.

What is Maternal child nursing?

The care of the childbearing and child rearing family Pre- natal care and guidance to the pregnant mother

How long does the snowleopard care for its child?

It cares for it's child until it's two

Can a mother kick her child out with no where to live?

Not if the child is a minor. She is obligated to care for her child in every way until he/she is 18.

How come children are put into foster care when family members of the child are willing and capable of care for this child?

The state gets more money from the feds for having the children in foster care than the cost of it. They get nothing giving them to family.

What does it mean when you daydream about someone?

It usually means you are attracted to that person (if they are not family). If they are family, it usually means you care about them.

What care does adventure place child and family provide?


What does the word nourish?

nourish: it means for example, : to care for a young one.. things along those lines. ex: nourish this child until grown....

What is the meaning of the idiom look after the baby?

To "look after" is to care for. It means to care for a small child.

Child Care?

form_title= Child Care form_header= Choose the right child care provider for your family. How many kids will need care?*= {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, More than 5} How old are the children?*= _ [50] How often will you need child care?*= {Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Other}

What does emancipation pertaining to an 18 year old means?

If a child was under foster care when he was younger than 18 he can remain under foster care until age 21 for his benefit (college tuitions are normally fully paid, medical care, etc.), unless the child would rather be emancipated.

How do you take care of a little sister that is misable?

You can take care of a miserable child by talking to her/him, love your child and live as one big happy family.

Who receives the child support payments?

the caregiver of the child. the word support means to take care of, so child support, means to take care of the child. which means that child support payments should be given to whomever is taking care of the child in order to support that child. Pay your child support through either the courts or the State disbursement unit. DO NOT give any money or anything else to the obligee unless you want it to be considered a gift.

Can you deed a house to your child?

Yes, but it would have to be left in the care of an adult until the child comes of age.

Where does a child go in Mexico when their parents are a arrested?

The extended family in Mexico usually has pretty strong ties, so in many occasions the child goes with his/her grandparents or aunts. If the extended family can't or won't be able to take care of the child, he/she will go to an orphanage until his/her parent's status is resolved.

What does the name timothy means?

timothy means happines and care and love to your family

How do you get a child removed from a foster care home?

you adopt the child or they became 18 whick means the foster care home is not responsible for them anymore.