Home & Garden
Home Equity and Refinancing

My mother died and left me and my sister in her well for the house property. we are making payments Her ex boyfriend never made payments but his name is still on the house. Can he take the house?



User Avatar
Wiki User

It depends upon how your mother and boyfriend held title of the property and what state the property is in. It also depends upon how the will was executed. I would suggest consulting a real estate attorney. If you want further advice on this website, add more specific information and hopefully an attorney or real estate professional in your area can help.

== Quite possibly the payments you have made are not going to get you anywhere since the house may not have been hers to leave you. You really should get legal advice immediately to get this sorted out.