Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2010-08-09 23:34:35

change the fluid after finding where the water comes from water will cause rust in the transmission if left in


Your Answer

Related Questions

The fluid is drained by removing the transmission pan.

If your Toyota has a manual transmission, the fluid will be put in by removing the gearshift, and literally pouring the fluid into the cavity under the shifter.

The transmission fluid on a Volvo 850 is added to the filler tube. This is accessed by removing the dipstick and inserting a funnel.

you change the manual transmission fluid in a '99 cavalier simply by removing the transmission drain plug and allowing all the fluid to drain then replace the plug and refill with Syncromesh transmission fluid(that is the fluid recommended by Chevy for use in your transmission) It should take 2 quarts.

To change the transmission fluid, you first drain the old fluid by removing the large bolt to the left hand side of the transmission, after it is drained you may place the bolt back on. Add the new fluid under the hood of the car, where you check the transmission fluid at.

These transmissions do not have a dipstick, the fluid level is checked by removing a fill plug on the case, similar to a manual transmission.

The transmission fluid on a 2003 Lincoln Aviator is changed by placing a drain pan under the transmission and removing the drain plug. Once empty, the plug can then be re-installed and filled with new transmission fluid.

The transmission fluid filler is located in the back of the engine compartment on the 2007 Accent manual transmission. You fill it by removing the dipstick.

It is important to check and maintain the fluids of a car. The transmission fluid of a 1998 Chevy Venture can be checked by warming the car, removing the transmission dipstick from under the hood, wiping it off, dipping it back in and removing it to see the level.

The filter is located inside the transmission. Access is gained by removing the transmission fluid pan on the bottom of the transmission.

Transmission fluid is added to a 2003 GMC Envoy by removing the dipstick and placing a funnel inside the tube. Fluid is then added and the level checked periodically using the dipstick.

On the 93 escort, brother to Tracer, there was only a breather valve at the top of the transmission and fluid needed to be added by removing an access bolt OR it had a small yellow dipstick at the top of the transmission.

It is Mitsubishi's transmission fluid.It is Mitsubishi's transmission fluid.

It goes in through the dipstick tube, it drains by removing the pan.

The transmission fluid is filled by removing the red tipped transmission stick behind the engine block. The transmission pan is behind the oil pan under the vehicle, and is attached by 15-20 bolts.

You must remove the transmission fluid pan which consists of 17 or 20 screws.Unscrew them in an odd pattern without totally removing them until you've loosened them all.You will then have the fluid begin draining,have a large drain pan to catch the fluid.After fluid slows,finish removing pan which will have remaining fluid come out. Transmission filter will also be accessible at this point making that a quick and very necessary part of the job.Hope that helps.

The transmission fluid on a 2002 Harley Davidson Fatboy motorcycle is changed by removing the drain plug and allowing the fluid to empty. The drain plug is then put back in place and fluid added into the filler tube.

Make sure you have the right transmission fluid. Changing the fluid will require removing the bottom of the pan and draining the fluid. You will need to replace the pan gasket and it is a good idea to replace the filter. There are kits available with the required parts.

Transmission overfilled ? so when the transmission fluid is heated up it expands and comes out the vent tube Have you been driving through water ? Got water in transmission so its overfilled , resulting in transmission fluid coming out of vent tube

Automatic transmission fluid is the proper fluid.Automatic transmission fluid is the proper fluid.

I believe the fill plug is on the driver's side of the 5 speed manual transmission - on a level surface , clean the fill plug before removing and check to see if fluid level is level with the bottom of the opening . If it is not add the recommended transmission fluid until it is.

It is an automatic transmission fluid.It is an automatic transmission fluid.

Use a hand pump and pump the fluid out of the transmission through the fill tube. You will only be able to get around 25% of the fluid out but so you will need to repeat this procedure at least 3 more times. When you pump the fluid out, put back exactly the same amount of fluid you removed. Do not overfill. This is the only way to do it without removing something.

You can locate the transmission fluid in your 2004 GMC Envoy by using the transmission fluid dipstick. The transmission fluid will be in the transmission fluid pan.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.