Best Answer

First look in your phone book and see if you have an Animal Control agency. It will probably be located in the Government section of your phone book, usually under County. If you have an Animal Control agency, then call them first. If not, then yes, I would probably call the Fire Department next (but not 911).

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2007-03-14 01:48:06
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides
20 Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Should you contact the local Fire Department if you think a wild animal is trapped in a vent or pipe of your house?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

Where do you turn in suspected animal abuse in Lawrence Kansas?

First, contact your local police department. If they are unable to assist you, contact your local animal shelter and ask them who you should contact.

What should you do if you find a landmine in your backyard?

Leave it alone and contact your police department. Get an unwanted animal to step on it.

How do you report someone who has animals and is not supposd to have them due to a animal cruelty charge?

Contact your local police department. If the police department is unable to assisst, ask you local animal shelter or animal control agency for advice on who to contact.

How do I get the number to animal rescue?

Contact SPCA or tha Animal Control Office at your local Police Department.

When was Trapped Animal created?

Trapped Animal was created in 2009-10.

What is the word for an animal trapped in the zoo?

A poor, caged animal.

What is the contact for Animal Rescue League?

To contact the animal Rescue League in Pittsburgh and Verona, one should phone them at (412) 345-7300. More contact information can be found at their official website.

Who do you call about a horse in a backyard that should not be there?

Contact your local animal control officer and/or SPCA.

What do you do if there is a trapped dog?

Call the SPCA, or an Animal Control officer

What to do about a dead animal?

When an animal dies, first, because rabies is still a worldwide problem, you should contact a veterinarian so that he or she can attempt to determine the nature of the animal's death; next, you should bury its carcass.

What do you do if you find a stranded whale?

Pour water on it. Call the local fire/police department or animal control. They will know who to contact to help get the whale back in the water.

What are the release dates for Confessions Animal Hoarding - 2010 Trapped by Cats 2-7?

Confessions Animal Hoarding - 2010 Trapped by Cats 2-7 was released on: USA: 11 February 2011

We live in camden co mo,we have a neihbor whos dog is brought to the bus stop in morning &afternoon this dog has aggressive tendencies scares my children its hair stand on end shows teeth & charges them ?

You should contact your Police Department to let them know of the problem and they can determine whether or not to contact animal control.

Are dinosaurs trapped in bird bodies?

Many scientists now consider birds to be dinosaurs. But to say they are "trapped" is probably not the right term. They are no more "trapped" than any other type of animal.

What do you have to do to have an exotic pet?

Obtain one and keep it. Depending on the type of animal involved and where you live, keeping it may be illegal or restricted in your area. Your best bet is to contact your local wildlife department and tell them what kind of animal you want; they should at least be able to advise you who you should contact for any necessary permits (or they may just tell you it's against the law for you to have one... in most places, it's illegal to keep a wild animal as a pet, though in some cases you may be allowed to raise one for eventual release into the wild).

What animal was trapped in Utah streams for about 30 years?

i think otter

How do you report someone who is trapping raccoons illegally?

Contact you local game warden and report the person. You should find a phone number under your state department of game and fish or its equivalent in your area. You can also report it to your local animal control office.

What is the contact info for animal control?

There is a stray dog running around my neighborhood. How can I get in contact with animal control?

What shouldn't you do if you accidentally kill or injure an animal with your car?

If it is a domestic animal such as a dog, cat, horse, etc, you should contact the owner so that you can recoup the expense of any damage to your vehicle. If there is no apparent damage you should still contact them as there may be damage you cannot see. Besides it is just the right thing to do. If it is a wild animal such as a deer then you should contact your local game warden and let him know there is a dead animal beside the road. The meat from that animal, if edible, can feed some poor people. If it is a squirrel, rabbit, opossum, coyote, etc, then you can just drive on.

What does encounter mean in animal wise?

A animal encounter is where you come in contact with an animal.

Who can I call for Critter Control in my county?

You can start with the local Animal Control department. Most counties have a specific department charged with animal control.

Is there an animal control department in Phoenix Arizona?

Yes, Phoenix does have an animal control department. It is the Maricopa County Animal Care & Control. It helps to control the animals in Arizona especially Phoenix.

Can you get a felony for physical contact with an animal?

Depends on what type of physical contact.

What animal potrayed The Galloping Department Store?


What animal does not have a blubber layer and air trapped in its fur keeps it warm and helps it float?