Best Answer

it takes just as long as if you married her here you still hve to fill the papers and she has to wait in line for a visa or a green card it chould take up tp 25 years. That is how long the what is to get green card for the usa from Mexico.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2006-09-25 19:59:40
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

If an American citizen gives birth in Jamaica is the child considered an American or Jamaican citizen and will the child be able to go to America without paperwork

Why is it important for citizens of the US to be informed about issues and about their political leaders

What has made voters more informed

What method did political parties first use to nominate presidential candidates

See all cards
5 Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Should you get married in the US or in Mexico if you are a US citizen marrying a Mexican woman and how long will it be until she can live with you in the US?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

How long does it take to get a Mexican passport after marrying a Mexican citizen?

You must move to Mexico with your spouse and live there for two years with an immigrant visa, then you can apply for Mexican citizenship. You can have both a Mexican and a US passport and be a dual citizen. If you were not married to a Mexican citizen, you would have to live there for four years.

How long can you stay in Mexico if you are an American citizen married to a Mexican citizen?

6 months

Can an American citizen get married to a Mexican citizen in Mexico?

I want to marry a girl America

If a us citizen married a Mexican citizen in Mexico can they get citizenship?

No. Neither will automatically become citizen of the other country.

How do you become a Mexican citizen if you are a USA citizen living in Mexico and married to a Mexican National?


Can two Mexican citizens who were married in Mexico get a divorce in California?

No, Mexican citizens can't get divorced in California if they were married in Mexico. One of the parties would need to be an American citizen.

Does an American citizen that is married to a Mexican national have to have a visa to live Mexico with her spouse?


Can a US citizen become a citizen of Mexico if he is married there?

No. Immigrants must fulfill certain requirements to become Mexican nationals.

What is a citizen of Mexico called?


What are the different nationally of Mexican?

"Mexican" is a nationality-- a Mexican is a citizen of Mexico.

Can a us citizen and a uruguayan citizen get married in Mexico than apply ofr citizenship?

You mean to apply for Mexican citizenship? Or just marrying? Either way, yes you can, but several legal requirements need to be fulfilled beforehand. See the related links for further information.

What do you as a Mexican citizen need to fly into Mexico?

Your Mexican passport.

People also asked