Child Support

The non-custodial parent had child support court order stop and can the custodail parent stop the non-cusoial parent from seeing the child?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2011-09-13 15:14:26
2011-09-13 15:14:26

NO! Call they child support agency and find out why he stopped it and actually I don't think he can. Unless you have joint custody and placement he has to pay that is every states law. But do not use him not paying child support to withold your child you can be held in contempt of court. Those are two separate issues.

That is right, He cannot just stop paying. and I agree, do not use money to withold your child from seeing him. It will only hurt your child and then come back on you.

User Avatar

Related Questions

what if the noncustodial parent still reside with the custodial parent, is noncustodial parent still obligated to pay childsupport

A modification can be requested to account for long distance visitation. See related links.

Yes. The marital status of the custodial parent change does not change the obligation of the noncustodial parent.

That parent still owes the back support.That parent still owes the back support.That parent still owes the back support.That parent still owes the back support.

Yes. They are still the child's parent and responsible for supporting their child.

Child support needs to be decided on by the court. In most cases, the noncustodial parent is responsible for something. If the custodial parent makes considerably more than the noncustodial parent, monies many not even be exchanged. To resolve this issue, it is best to file papers at your court house.

If the noncustodial parent tries to keep the child, the custodial parent can get the noncustodial parent charged with kidnapping and contempt of court both can be jail time for the noncustodial.

Yes, it can. Moving in with the other parent is grounds for "flipping" child support payments. However, this must be done by court order.

i am a custodial parent in Michigan. I've been to court to fight it, but unfortunately it is law that if the noncustodial parent is incarcerated they do not owe child support for the time that they are locked up. but if they owe back child support then you can seize anything they own.

Yes, as an adult you can sue a noncustodial parent for back child support. However it is a different story if the noncustodial parent has never been ordered to pay child support. You can still sue them for a percentage of their assets. I am currently working on a case in which my client is sueing his father for 15 years of back child support. Any divorce lawyer can handle this case for you.

Yes. The fact that the custodial parent got married has no impact on child support.

... have to [pay] child support - yes, until/unless the child is adopted.

Usually, yes; however, some parents with joint custody pay support.

No. Your obligation to support your own child takes priority over any subsequent support you offer for another person's child. The court would not decrease your child support obligation for that reason.

Nothing until a motion to modify support is filed.

Yes, if there has been a "significant" change in his/her income.

Only if the obligee parent releases the claim or is deceased.

In American legalese, a noncustodial parent is the non-resident parent who has not been granted care of the child(ren).

As long as she is a minor he has. Child support is not paid to the child but to one of the parents to be used for the child.

Child support in Ohio usually continues until the child is 18, and up to the age of 21 if the child is in school. Whether or not you have to pay child support if the child is living with the noncustodial parent depends on the support order that it is in place Typically you can expect that you will have to expect to pay support.

Alimony to the non-custodial parent may still be ordered; depends on the circumstances. Child support payments are based on both the needs of the child and the ability of the parent to provide them.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.