Treatment of anaphylactic shock?
epinephrine into the thigh muscles
Anaphylactic shock is a serious reaction to an allergy. For example, I have a nut allergy my anaphylactic shock is my throat swells up and I can't breathe. It could cause death. Anaphylactic shock is a serious condition where a person goes into shock from contacting a substance that they are allergic to, such as a Bee sting.
Anaphylactic shock or Anaphylaxis is an acute allergic reaction that comes on fast and can be fatal. People with nut allergies or allergies to bee stings or medicines can go into Anaphylaxis and may need to carry an emergency andrealin injection (called an EpiPen auto-injector) with them at all times.
Anaphylaxis or anaphylactic shock is very common. It is the typical allergic reaction that people have when they come in any kind of contact with an allergen. Usually, they have difficulty breathing, parts or all their body starts to swell up,... They usually have an Epipen or a Twinject on them and they contain epinephrine, a drug used for anaphylactic shock.
Take out your handy epinephrine shot from your purse and immediately stab them with it because they might die. In lieu of the epinephrine pen the best you can do is keep the air-ways open. The primary reason for death in anaphylactic shock is suffocating from constricted airways. Keep the heart pumping with cpr.
Depending on the person's sensitivity, the amount of venom for a sting or saliva for a bite and the blood flow to the area the body's reaction that leads to shock could begin immediately or it may never occur. One of the steps in first aid for somebody who is sensitive would be to ice down the site of the sting or bite. That slows down blood flow and buys him more time to get…
All scorpions are venomous. Some of them are considered dangerous, and their stings can be fatal. It depends on a number of things - the type of scorpion, how badly you get stung, your sensitivity to the venom, your size/age and general health, susceptibility to anaphylactic shock and how quickly you can get medical treatment.
Anaphylactic shock can occur as an allergic reaction to a drug, in any amount, that a person is allergic to and the reaction can occur at any time. After taking a large amount of certain medications or drugs, respiratory distress or respiratory failure can occur. Both Anaphylactic shock and respiratory distress or failure can lead to death.