Value or collectibility of steiff pewter?
It really depends on what is it. Is it a spoon you have? Or a miniture figure?
I only really know that it depends on what series it is.
The value of pewter in general is a great deal less than the value of gold because a pewter object may contain nearly about 95% tin. The other 5% may be a combination of materials including bismuth or lead. As to the value of old pewter mugs, the value is in that of the maker of the piece and the date of the piece. For example, a mug made and signed by Paul Revere would…
It depends on the demand for the car. If it is a collectible car it happens more than likey a dozen years after production. If it is a car that is discontinued it depends on the previous years collectibility of the car in question. If it is a car that is very desirable, for the years after production the value stays very similar to production year (or it increases slightly). Some cars never increase in…
As near as I can tell, Steiff bears are unreasonably expensive for two reasons: First, they are usually made out of Alpaca or Mohair, both very expensive and luxurious fabrics. Secondly, Steiff bears are so expensive because they have a tag on them that says "Steiff," and many people are willing to pay several hundred dollars for that tag. See related question below and discussion page.
Steiff button is the classic way the Steiff marks out its bears, a gold button and ribbon, usually in the ear, is a good sign of a genuine antique. There have been slight changes to the button through the years. A yellow ribbon means a regular bear, a white ribbon with red writing indicates a limited edition and a white with black writing ribbon is a replica of an older bear.