Credit and Debit Cards
Debt Collection
Income Garnishment

What action can you take if you are owed a large debt by a friend who has fled the country?

User Avatar
Wiki User
March 21, 2008 6:26AM

Assuming you can prove the money is owed, you can start a lawsuit, and should be able to effect service or "notice" to that person, by advertising in local newspapers for your area, and in the end, you should get a judgement. Then, if that person owns property, you should be able to collect, or at least get a seat at the negotiating table.