What are 10 most important characteristics a software should have?
* Successful software...
* ...provides the required functionality
* ...is usable by real (i.e. naive) users
* ...is predictable, reliable and dependable
* ...functions efficiently
* ...has a "life-time" (measured in years)
* ...provides an appropriate user interface¤
* ...is accompanied by complete documentation
* ...may have different configurations
* ...can be "easily" maintained
before one can say that a software is acceptable, there has to have been first a consensus between the developers and the owners of the software. but on a general basis, some of these should be in place: 1. portable: the software should be able to run on different platforms (operating systems) 2. Easy to understand: the software should be designed in such a way that other programmers can view and understand the logic of…