Among intolerant parts of the population, Atheism is a sin. Atheism is wrong according to fundamentalist Christians and Muslims because:
1. they think that it is 100% certain that their belief is right and think that atheists are deniers of god and destined to hell. (Atheists hate this, because it leaves no room for differences in opinion and forces Christianity/Islam/Whatever on them)
2. Many people think that Atheists are Satan-Worshipers. This is kind of funny since the whole point of atheism is to not worship anything, since they don't believe that Satan or God or any gods or demons or anything supernatural exists!
In short, there's nothing wrong with being atheistic from the tolerant perspective. Atheists can be moral just like Christians or any other religious group. They can also be nasty, but so can believers.
In support of atheist morality, a useful citation is from the French author Pierre Bayle (1647-1706) who, in his Dictionnaire historique et critique, was highly critical of religious absurdities and maintained that atheists could be more moral than Christians, and that religion did not necessarily provide a basis for ethical conduct
From a logical and objective perspective, there are no objections. Atheism is the stance which people take when they observe the world objectively and without using bad logic. Since there is zero evidence to suggest that gods exist, atheists are merely taking the most rational and logical view of the universe.
Nobody ever really wins in the ongoing debates between any of the existing religions: they all start off with the assumption that their own idea is true, and go from there. Nobody can ever win, because both arguments are entirely based on different assumptions. It's like having an argument about whether dogs are blue or dogs are purple. Noboday can ever win, but they have lots of fun going around in circles. In the meantime, atheists are looking at various dogs, and saying: "actually, they appear to vary in colour, and some are lots of diffferent colours all at once". At which point, some of the theists turn around and start screaming: "NO! THEY ARE BLUE! How can you not see that? It says they are blue in this book. And this book must be true, because the book itself SAYS that it's true."
Some theists have objections to atheism because it challenges their most basic assumptions in a way which makes perfect sense. They find this very distressing.
The intolerance of Atheism is one common objection. The film expelled, on a subject dear to many atheists such as Richard Dawkins, that of academic and professional freedom, highlights the intolerance of Atheists towards other views in connection with the promotion of the theory of evolution. Atheists also delight to 'put down' those who don't agree with them, and suggest that they don't like to be challenged. Such comments are a comment more on the mentality of the atheists, rather than a true statement of fact.
1) It flies in the face of worldwide tradition. No ancient society ever existed that did not believe in the supernatural. Today too, the great majority of people believe in God. 2) Because the paradigm in which Evolution is usually taught, is one of mere natural causes (atheistic). This is taken by some as an implicit excuse for hedonism, as few people want "bothersome" rules, or limitations to their personal pleasure. Lack of self-discipline has led to epidemic obesity, drunkenness, divorce rates, violence etc., and a general ennui of "if it's all without ultimate meaning, why bother?"3) There are some highly-qualified scientists who do not believe in atheism. Others reject Evolution.
4) Some observers don't appreciate what they see as a lack of objectivity. Presenting putative evidence for Creation has been made illegal in classrooms and public-school textbooks.
5) It could be that those who don't accept atheism are simply unconvinced by it. Atheistic Evolution is fraught with difficulties and it remains in fact a theory, open to dispute by people who choose not to ignore its problems. It can neither be proven nor demonstrated in the lab (in its broader sense of giving rise to new organs or species).
There are some objections to atheism put forward by a few self-righteous religious people, but in modern Western countries most people of faith are tolerant and respectful of those who do not share their faith.
One of the most common objections is that atheists do not want 'bothersome' rules that might restrict them from immorality. However, all the evidence is that atheists are just as moral as religious people. Divorce rates are similar between the two groups, and prison incarceration, at least in Britain and the United States, is actually lower among atheists.
The Necessity of Atheism is an essey by Shelley, written when he was a student. It contains arguments for atheism and a defense against the persecution of atheists which was common in Shelley's time.
Some of the most common beliefs are Christianity, Muslim, Judaism, Hindu, and Atheism.
Atheism is the belief that gods do not exist, so there are no gods in atheism.
Atheism is a noun.
There are no prophets of atheism.
Atheism is the belief that there is no god.
George H. Smith has written: 'Atheism, Ayn Rand, and other heresies' -- subject(s): Atheism, Philosophy, Religion and state 'The Wealth of Nations Part 1' 'Why Atheism?' -- subject(s): atheism 'Atheism' -- subject(s): atheism, Atheism, Controversial literature, Christianity
Atheism is not a religion. [S] [V] [o] Here you are, a complete sentence with atheism.
Atheism is the lack of belief in God.
"Atheism is not a religion."
Atheism was never established, as it is not a religion.
Atheism is by definition not a religion.
Geoffrey Berg has written: 'The six ways of atheism' -- subject(s): Atheism 'The six ways of atheism' -- subject(s): Atheism
Because they believe in philosophy more than religion.
Many philosophers have defended atheism; the rejection of the belief in gods.Atheism is the disbelief in gods.
Atheism is everywhere in modern society. There is no country in the world where atheists can not be found. In some European countries it is reported that more than half the population hold no religious beliefs. Atheism is less common in poor, emerging nations where some still hold on to ancient traditional beliefs, while others follow Christian missionaries who assert that atheism is not an option in a civilised country.
The word objections is a noun. It is the plural of objection.
In the meeting there were several objections to the proposal.
The Twilight of Atheism was created in 2004.
Atheism Conquered was created in 1605.
Atheism in Christianity was created in 1972.
Nobody - atheism is not organised as its adherents do not believe!
The Trouble with Atheism was created in 2006.
The Atheism Tapes was created in 2005.
The Necessity of Atheism was created in 1811.