1) Convergent plates move towards one another
2) Divergent plates separate from each other
3) Alfred Wegener founded Pangaea, a super continent that was supposedly all of the seven continents put together
4) Transform plates slide together in a horizontal, vertical, or diagonal way
5) Every year, the seven continents move approximately 2 centimeters away from each other
6) Earthquakes are caused from transform plates
7) When the divergent plate process occurs, it leaves mountains or volcanoes and lava could possibly come out
8) Some parts of the earth are either splitting or coming near each other
9) Scientists believe that in a few million years, the earth will be another Pangaea
10) Other proof that Pangaea existed was that there's been fossils of ancient animals and plants in different continents, like the mammal, the Lystrosaurus
# Plate Tectonics. # Plate Tectonics. # Plate Tectonics.
the definition of plate tectonics is the shifting of the continents
Plate tectonics move, so when two plate tectonics move towards
Volcanoes don't help plate tectonics; volcanoes are the result of plate tectonics.
yes plate tectonics are flat
Plate tectonics occur on the lithosphere. It is composed of the crust and the rigid uppermost part of the mantle. The lithosphere is the 'plate' of plate tectonics.
we learned about plate tectonics in class today...
No plate tectonics on Mars
The father of plate tectonics was Arnold wegner
It depends on which plate tectonics you are talking about. Each plate has its specific direction of movement. All plate tectonics move in different directions.
yes it represets plate tectonics
Yes, earthquakes are an affect of plate tectonics.
Plate tectonics form the continents, oceans, and mountains.
Nope plate tectonics do not exist on Venus.
instruments used in plate tectonics?
Plate tectonics is the formal scientific name.
The plate tectonics are formed when there are movements of the earth's lithosphere.
The plate tectonics force the volcano to erupt because the plate tectonics cloide with each other
well i think that it is that plate tectonics are when they move by earthquakes and crustal features are when they discribe the crustal and the plate tectonics.
Yes, the singular form is normally plate tectonic or tectonic plate so the plural would be plate tectonics or tectonic plates. Dumb crap.
That is the current theory of plate tectonics.
Plate tectonics and evlolution are related because they both
how are volcanoes and the process of plate tectonics related
the branch of geology for plate tectonics is asthenosphere.
Plate tectonics is the process whereby tectonic plates move.