What are facts of Madagascar?
- Full name: Republic of Madagascar
Population: 19.6 million (via UN, 2009)
- Capital: Antananarivo
Area: 587,041 sq km (226,658 sq miles)
Government: Multiparty republic.
Religion: traditional, Christian, and Islamic
Madagascars full name is the Republic of Madagascar, the former name was the Malagasy Republic
- It is the only place in the world you will find lemurs. Madagascar is home to 5% of the world's plant and animal species.
It is the 4th largest island in the world, it is twice the size of Arizona
- Their language (Malagasy) is related to Polynesian; additionally they speak English and French
- The capital of Madagascar is Antananarivo.
- The currency of Madagascar is Malagasy ariary.
- Madagascar is the world's largest producer and exporter of vanilla.
- Madagascar boasts of unique flora and fauna, majority of which is not found anywhere else in the world.
- Madagascar is also referred as the Red Island.
See related link: