What are some jewish facts?
It was Judaism that gave the world the Ten Commandments, monotheism and a weekly day of rest.
Expert answer by Dan Galilee
CONFIDENCE VOTES 27.8K
A Jewish-American Rabbi living in Israel, studying, teaching and writing on Judaism.
A few examples:
- Judaism was established 3800 years ago, by Abraham.
- Jewish holidays and observances have been kept continuously since they were given in the Torah.
- The Jewish day begins at sunset (Genesis ch.1).
- The Jewish year begins in the autumn.
- Advanced Jewish scholars know the entire Talmud by
- God's Hebrew name is never spoken out loud and is never to be erased or destroyed in print.
- Judaism is based upon a covenant with God.
- Jews say blessings to God before and after eating and on many other occasions.
- Jews were for centuries ostracized and persecuted in many
- Israel today has the world's largest Jewish
- And on a lighter note:
Jews often answer a question with a question. The saying goes,
"two Jews, three opinions."
Jews are famously optimistic, despite all the persecutions.