What are some of the causes for missing your period?
Girls up to the age of 16 can miss periods and it's normal.
Stress. Birth control. Cervical cancer. Infections.
Can be so many things. Of course pregnancy, but also stress, new medications you may be taking, drop in weight/not having a certain amount of body fat, certain types of birth control pills(especially if you change brands, missed a pill, etc)., illness. . . I know there are more. If you are concerned that you may be pregnany, there are many OTC tests that can be used soon after you think you are late. Hope this helps!
Being pregnant is the most common, but in when you first have your period it can be irregular because your body is trying to get in a regular pattern of releasing eggs. Lack of food or being sick can also sometimes cause missing periods.
There are many reasons:
- Pregnancy (if you are sexually active)
- High level of exercise (professional athletes have been known to miss their period)
- Dietary changes (malnutrition, anorexia, bulimia)
- Hormonal changes due to medication or physical conditions or illnesses (menopause etc)
- If you are in the early stages of puberty the period can skip a month
If you are unsure, please consult a health professional.
Worrying too much and stress