What are the advantages and disadvantages of gasoline or petrol?
- Even at the rapidly rising cost, it is still cheaper than any
- petrol has higher energy density than almost any other form of
energy -- so petrol lets vehicles travel further between refills
than almost any other form of energy.
- Cheaper to run
- Many people have a car that only runs on petrol, so it's
cheaper to keep buying more petrol than to buy a new vehicle that
runs on some other form of energy.
- gasoline is that is made from a type of petroleum not common in
the US (light sweet crude) and does not burn clean enough even with
current high tech and costly fuel systems. Unlike an engine that
runs on gaseous fuels such as CNG (compressed natural gas) or LP
(liquid propane) and others you can breathe the exhaust with
exception of the oxygen depletion as determined by EPA air quality
standards. NO gasoline engine regardless of any add on high tech
systems can come near to making this claim (unless the gasoline is
converted into a true gas prior to combustion).
- we have a finite supply of petroleum
- it is a pollutant
- Some people have a car that runs on some other form of energy,
so it's cheaper to keep buying that form of energy than to buy a
new vehicle that runs on petrol.