What are the advantages and disadvantages of longitudinal studies?
1. high in validity - people usually do not remember past events and if they were asked about their past, they would not remember
2. picking up long-term changes
1. it takes a long period of time to gather results
2. a need to have a large sample size and accurate sampling to reach representativness
3. participant may drop out, this is called subject attrition.
Advantages Less expensive than other analytic studies Less time consuming Good for rare diseases Disadvantages - Bias Recall bias - people who have had the disease and better able to determine their exposure Information bias- the difference between the measurment of each group Selection bias- the difference between how the groups wre selected.
This is one of those complicated questions because the advantages and disadvantages are subjective to a person's values and beliefs. But I can list the advantages and disadvantages I perceive. Some of the advantages of a working house-wife is there is a second income, and because both partners are bringing in money there can be a sense of equal power. The disadvantages of a working house-wife is the theory of "the second shift" in women's…
Circumcised penises have more advantages than disadvantages. I Don't know what the advantages in circumsicion are but there are certaainly many many disadvantages Go to the related link below.(Medical Studies on Circumcision) for all the information that you will require to come to an informed opinion.