What are the basic beliefs of Hinduism?
Karma, many gods, moksha
"Vaasudeva Kutumbakam" means "the world, the humanity is one family". And that we are all One spirit.
1. Hinduism teaches that the world we see is an illusion.
2. Hindus believe that the soul does not die, but rather can be reborn in the another body.
3. Hinduism people who fulfill their dharma (means
doing one's moral duty in this life so that the soul can advance in
the next life) gain good karma (is the good or bad
force created by a person's actions) and are born into a higher
social group in the next life. So if you were poor when you died
you will be rebirth and have money
Hinduism, is the worlds oldest religion. It has no beginning and precedes recorded history. Hinduism has four main denominations--Saivism, Shaktism, Vaishnavism and Smartism.
Basic Beliefs are:
- Believe in a one, all-pervasive Supreme Being who is both immanent and transcendent, both Creator and Unmanifest Reality.
- Believe in the divinity of the four Vedas, the world's most ancient scripture, and venerate the Agamas as equally revealed. These primordial hymns are God's word and the bedrock of Sanatana Dharma, the eternal religion.
- Hindus believe that the universe undergoes endless cycles of creation, preservation and dissolution.
- Hindus believe in karma, the law of cause and effect by which each individual creates his own destiny by his thoughts, words and deeds.
- Hindus believe that the soul reincarnates, evolving through many births until all karmas have been resolved, and moksha, liberation from the cycle of rebirth, is attained. Not a single soul will be deprived of this destiny.
- Hindus believe that all life is sacred, to be loved and revered, and therefore practice ahimsa, noninjury, in thought, word and deed.
- Hindus believe that no religion teaches the only way to salvation above all others, but that all genuine paths are facets of God's Light, deserving tolerance and understanding.
Although Buddhism and Hinduism share many cultural memes (concepts, symbols, etc.) the basic precepts are not the same. The source of Beliefs for Buddhism came from the Buddha, Siddhartha Gautama. Many of Buddhist beliefs are entirely different from Hinduism, which did not exist in his time. During his lifetime the main religion was Brahmanism which later evolved into Hinduism.
HINDUISM IS BASED ON ABSOLUTE FACTS: Hinduism considers that facts are superior to beliefs. The supreme Hindu god Brahman is systematic representation of absolute and eternal facts. Science is based on transient and relative facts. In marked contrast, Brahman is absolute and eternal facts i.e. facts that does change with time, place or person. Hinduism can be decoded and understood completely. It even permits understanding creation of god. Therefore, there is absolutely no scope for…