Asked in ComputersComputer NetworkingComputer HistoryClassic Horror Movies
What are the four classification of computers?
June 20, 2012 9:10PM
- MAINFRAME COMPUTER
There are many computers which are different from each other in various aspects. Classification of computers are given below.
(1) Micro computers: These computers use a microprocessor chip and this chip is used instead of CPU means that this microprocessor chip works as a CPU.
These computers are also called personal computers. Two major types of these computers are laptop or Desktop computers. Only one user uses these computers at time that's why they are also known as personal computers.
(2) Mini Computers: These are powerful computer. These computers come into existence in 1960s at that time mainframe computer was very costly. Mini computers were available in cheap prices, so users start using it.
(3) Mainframe Computer: It as a very powerful and large computer. You can get idea of its power as it can handle processing of many users at a time.
Terminals are used to connect a user to this computer and users submit there task through mainframe. Terminal is a device which has keyboard and a screen. By using terminal users put inputs into the computer and get the output through screen.
(4) Super Computers: As the name "super computer" specifies that these are most powerful computers even than mainframe. Actually, when we optimize a mainframe computer then we get super computer.
(5) Microprocessor: You will find these computers everywhere. Microprocessor chips are used in many devices as I-pod, DVD, headphone etc.