What are the orange flying bugs near pools called and do they bite?

=== === Is this bug super tiny with a brown spot on one end? If so hes called a no-see-em. They can be killed by rubbing your hand over the skin where they are. Is this bug similar in size and shape to a housefly? If so, its a deer fly. Hard to kill without a flyswatter. Both bite. The deer fly can carry disease though. Insect repellant works for both but the pool water washes it off too easily. they are called thrips and thay are hard too kill so try finding an insecticide with permethin the best i found is tall star