Asked in Business Accounting and Bookkeeping
Business Accounting and Bookkeeping
What are the three broad areas of accounting?
Major accounting firms are usually organized into three divisions:
- Assurance performs audits of financial statements to determine whether they are presented in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Taxation assists companies in complying with international, federal and state tax laws.
- Advisory services provides expertise in information systems technology, and other decision-making.
Accountants typically work in one of three areas:
- Public accountants usually work for accounting firms.
- Managerial accountants and internal auditors work for companies.
- Government accountants work for government at different levels, keeping government records or enforcing government regulations.
What is the different between diploma of accounting and diploma of business?
Business is broad in scope which covers all the areas that business contains, where accounting is specific (one of the areas that fall under business). Business is broad in scope which covers all the areas that business contains, where accounting is specific (one of the areas that fall under business). Business is broad in scope which covers all the areas that business contains, where accounting is specific (one of the areas that fall under business). Business is broad in scope which covers all the...
Asked in Business & Finance, Business Plans
What is the mission of the accounting and finance functional area?
The primary mission of the accounting and finance functional areas is broad. Its purpose is to manage the money that comes into, within, and out of an organization. ...
What are some of the areas of specialty in accounting?
Other initiatives in the United States relate to environmental accounting, forensic accounting, international accounting, and fraud accounting. ...
What job can you get with an associate's degree in accounting technology?
Graduates with an Associates specific to Accounting may seek employment in industrial or general accounting or work in areas such as credit collection, Collections (Internal), governmental accounting or payroll supervision to mention a few areas. Viper1 ...
Asked in Crime, Accountants, Forensic Science
In what areas have forensic accountants proven competence?
Forensic accountants draw their expertise from many areas, including accounting, auditing, cost accounting, taxation, and information technology. ...
Asked in High School
What type of courses could one expect to take at accounting schools?
An individual at an accounting school can expect to take a broad range of courses. For example, it is likely that an accounting student will take courses in math, law, taxation, business, and more. ...