Abusive Relationships and Domestic Violence

What can 16-year-olds do when their dad gets drunk and starts pushing and hitting them?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2008-09-22 16:35:30
2008-09-22 16:35:30

I live in Canada, but this should work for you too. Go to "Children's Welfare". You can phone the operator and get the number, or you can go to your local Mental Health and they will direct you. In Canada 16 is still classified as a child, but I'm not sure what State you are in and age can vary in different States. However, if you go to Mental Health you certainly will get help for your problem. What will happen if you do? They will protect you, and if need be place you with another member of your family rather than send you to a strangers home. Don't worry if you don't have other family members that you could live with because there are very loving people out there that would be happy to help out younger people in a bad situation. In the U.S. contact any of the following organizations for assistance: National Child Abuse Hotline 1-800-422-4453 or 1-800-252-2873; National Youth Crisis Services, 1-800-448-4463, National Council on Child Abuse and Family Violence, http://nccafv.org. Here is more helpful advice from WikiAnswers contributors: * Any person whether an adult or child who believes themselves to be in physical danger should contact the local police department or dial 911 for immediate assistance. * Leave the situation before it escalates and stay with a friend if you can. Call Childrens Protective Services or a similar group for help from there. hey my friend got beat up by her dad when he was drunk she called childline and they didn't take her away from her dad they put him in a unit for a couple of days to keep him away from alchol now he doesn't drink and he's the nicest man i know


Related Questions

No, When Trevor was hitting on Raven at the party, He was drunk, and he didn't mean anything he said.

they could only get drunk with rotten apples because the apple gets rotten the apple starts producing alcohol

Yes and no. Drinking alcoholic beverages will not make your character become drunk, but you will become drunk as part of a quest called A Night To Remember, which can be started by speaking to a person called Sam Guevenne. Sam will appear in the first tavern you enter after hitting Lv14.

No. Because:You were off-duty.You were illegally driving a vehicle while intoxicated. That wouldn't even be listed as an accident if you were drunk, on duty and driving a military vehicle. Being drunk is not an accident.

Because he loves all that blood and he starts enjoy and enjoying and then boom he gets dizzy and goes zzzz ...... zzzz.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

of course. Purposefully starting fires, being drunk and driving and hitting someone and many more acts.

Distcontent Discusted Determined Depressed Drunk Dorky Ditzy Devious Distressed Drained

So that Cassio gets uncontrollable and starts a fighht with Roderigo.

Cobra is a team name for those who wear ed hardy shirts and like to drink until their drunk enough to feel good about hitting their girlfriends.

Probably not. This is a little like asking if employers are responsible for you getting drunk at the office Christmas Party and hitting on the boss's wife.

Leaving Paradise has 312 pages. It was written by Simone Elkes. It is about Caleb Becker getting out of jail after hitting Magie with his car while he was drunk.

Initially the only change its location (physical). In the stomach, though, it starts to undergo chemical changes.

When you see them and they are sober, explain that you will no longer accept phone calls from them when they are drunk. Tell them how it makes you feel. And, then when they do call, and you recognize they are drunk, state that you did tell them that you would not be taking phone calls from them when they have been drinking and gently hang up. When they don't get the fix of having you listen, they will stop calling.

Depends on how drunk you are :)

i am drunk looking for drunk IQ

yes you can get drunk from beer you can get drunk from anything with acahol in it

You/we/I/they have drunk. I have already drunk wine this evening. He/she/it - has drunk. He has drunk all the wine!

drunk is the past participle of drink. drink drank drunk. I have drunk the medicine.

The past participle of drink is drunk, so the past perfect tense is "had drunk". The present perfect is "have drunk".

An Irishman is too drunk when he is too drunk to fight.

Boozing it up Tying one on Getting litGetting a snootful Three sheets to the windBlitzed Toasted Drunk as a hootowl [or coot]Drunk as a skunk Walking on air pie-eyedFalling down drunk S--t-faced Stoned out of your mind{pre-drug usage days] Plastered Chuggin'Hitting the bottle Kissing the floor Worshipping the white porcelain god

Eruptions of Mt. VesuviusFloods in Po ValleyCars driving on side walksDrunk DrivingBirds hitting firework warehousesSmokingGladiator WarsGame Addicts

No, the song Drunk drunk again is not in the public domain because of the copyright infringement issues.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.