Children and the Law
Child Support

What can a mother do for a child's support if the father of her child is on SSI and does not have a job and does not have to pay child support?

User Avatar
Wiki User
2009-05-04 15:28:54

If the father is on SSI the child is entitled to check too from

SSI. If the paternity of the child has been established you are

fine. You can contact SSI with the childs birth record, file a

child support action and the child will receive his own check. If

paternity has not been established hire and attorney or contact you

local child support enforcement agency.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.