Asked in Honey
What can be cured with honey?
January 22, 2010 5:30PM
Honey has many healing properties:
- Honey is useful as sedative. Take one teaspoon of honey in warm milk before going to bed.
- Honey can be taken either with warm milk or with lemon juice and radish juice as a remedy for cold.
- Honey in warm milk or water can give relief to sore throats.
- Gargling with honey is very useful in gingivitis.
- A daily addition of honey to the food stimulates digestion and regulates the acidity of the gastric juices.
- One spoon of fresh honey mixed with the juice of half a lemon in a glass of lukewarm water taken first thing in the morning is very effective for constipation, hyperacidity and obesity.
- Honey is used to cure gastrointestinal problems. It is used as a remedy for gastritis and stomach and duodenal ulcers. In other words, for diseases accompanied by a rise in acidity.
- A mixture of honey and rose petals when taken in the morning, at the initial stages of tuberculosis produces best results.
- It is believed that a moderate quantity of honey and pomegranate (anar) is good for people with heart disease or heart weaknesses .
- Asefetida (hing) fried in ghee and mixed with a tablespoon of honey can be taken thrice a day for heavy and painful menstrual periods and leukorrhea.
- A daily intake of honey strengthens the immune system in children thus developing their disease resistance capacity.
- Add honey and fresh fruit to lowfat yogurt for an energy sustaining snack or stir a spoonful of honey into a glass of water before your daily workout.