If the breaker trips when nothing is turned on it could be a mouse problem. If it only trips when certain lights or appliances are turned on one of them is probably the reason.If it trips when nothing is being turned on or off something is getting hot. You should then have qualified electrician look at it. Hope this is usefull.
The need to de energize the circuit the breaker is feeding is a cause to have a circuit breaker switched off. If you are referring to a breaker tripping off, the cause would be from an overload condition being applied to the circuit, the breaker sensing it and shutting the circuit off.
The electromagnet in the circuit breaker is used for instantaneous tripping if short-circuit condition arises. At defined current level the electromagnet develops the force high enough to cause the tripping of the mechanism.
A circuit breaker trips because the circuit is overloaded. Put another way, the circuit is drawing too much current for the rating of the breaker.
A bad breaker
It means that the person has to go and re set the breaker. If people understood that the tripping of the breaker is a safety device and by its tripping it might have just saved them some money. By preventing a fault that a short circuit or an overload could cause might just have stopped a potential house fire.
A breaker will keep tripping until the fault that caused it to trip is corrected. That's what it is designed to do. There's either a circuit overload or a short circuit. How fast the breaker trips can indicate how overloaded it is. If you are very close to the rating of the breaker you can actually trip it over time. If you are definitely over the breaker will usually trip instantly. If there is a short circuit you can usually tell that by how violently the breaker trips. If you have conduit you can hear the wires banging around in the pipe. A frequently tripping breaker may also be faulty and need to be replaced - breakers are designed to fail by tripping prematurely rather than by not tripping at all, as this is much safer. This is very often the case for breakers that trip at seemingly random intervals, often when very little load is being drawn.
An open circuit won't cause any overheating because no current is flowing. Other faults like ground fault or a breaker tripping should happen fast enough not to cause any overheating either.
A circuit breaker will trip if it is faulty or if the connected circuit has a short circuit or a connected device is trying to draw more current than the breaker rating. If you disconnect the output wire from the breaker and it still trips, it is a faulty breaker. If the breaker is tripping immediately when it is turned on then start disconnecting elements of the circuit to see what might be causing the problem. If everything was working and now isn't, it is likely that the wire from the breaker is nicked where it exits the box and is shorting to the feedthru connector.
Yes but it's redundant and may cause unnecessary "tripping" of the circuit. The GFCI circuit breaker is intended to protect an entire receptacle circuit whereas a GFCI receptacle is designed to protect only that receptacle and any which are provided power from its load side. (downstream)
There are two conditions that would cause a breaker to trip off. One is an overload of the circuit and the other is a short circuit on the circuit. The heating element within the breaker is what monitors for circuit overloads.
A bad circuit breaker. Replace it.
A circuit breaker is used to ensure that the circuit doesn't get overloaded with too much wattage or voltage, which can cause a fire.
A short circuit on the system will cause a breaker instantaneously trip.
Short answer, Yes. However, pulling that much from a circuit may cause problems if there are other appliances plugged into the circuit. It may cause annoying circuit breaker tripping if the 10 amp appliance is on the circuit with stuff that may intermittently draw a relatively high current.
Simply, the AC is drawing more current (amps) than the breaker/fuse can handle. The cause for this simply cannot be determined without a circuit test.
For the entire circuit to go out, the breaker has to trip. The breaker tripping is what causes the loss of power to everything pulling power from that circut. Any single power surge at any point along the circut can cause it. If you have experienced what you are questioning, I suggest you have an electrician take a look at your wiring. You may have serious issues. Breakers a designed to protect the wiring from getting too hot. It's a safety feature for your appliances, your home and those who live in it.
the circuit breaker spark when it comes an over load, loss contact,but the probable cause is loss contact...and also the circuit breaker is going to be damage or destroyed.
No. A circuit breaker is like a fuse, it protects a circuit from a catastrophe if a dead short should occur.
Your question is disjointed. A circuit breaker can be overloaded which will cause it to trip. An overcurrent condition causes this.
A circuit breaker does not "cause" smoke. A circuit breaker "breaks" a circuit when there is too much current, creating a hazardous condition for the wires that are connected to the circuit breaker. The circuit breaker PROTECTS you from electrical fire. Find the source of the smoke; what burned? If a circuit breaker tripped during the incident, it is usually caused by melting/burning wire insulation, either inside or outside of an appliance. If the insulation inside the walls of your house has burned/melted, it could be that the circuit breaker was too large for the wire or that the circuit breaker failed to shut off at the appropriate current load. If the circuit breaker failed, your insurance should help you. If an appliance overloaded the circuit, your insurance should help you. If someone connected an oversized circuit breaker, causing the wire to overheat, your insurance company may refuse to help you.
Overloaded circuit, short in circuit, or defective switch.
under the front seat should be a switch/breaker for fuel pump try that
This is in most cases an indication that the pump is becoming worn and is drawing too many amps, more than the circuit breaker is made to handle. Another possibility is that there is a grounding situation with the power wires leading to the pump, or a faulty breaker. Your pressure setting may be too high, and the pump can not attain that set point and overloads.
Look for the cause of the trip and correct. Reset the circuit breaker. If it continues to trip it might be an overloaded circuit, loose connections in the circuit, or a short in the wiring somewhere.
Only if it trips!