Law & Legal Issues
Civil Lawsuits
Police and Law Enforcement

What can you do if someone steals checks from your checkbook and forges them if the police will not get involved?

User Avatar
Wiki User
2006-08-23 19:19:57

the main thing for you to do is to let your bank know of the

theft. if the police won't act, thee is little you can do. If the

their forges your name, under most circumstances, you cannot be

held responsible. E Terrill Corley * There must be mitigating

circumstances for the police to refuse to take action against the

accused person(s), if by action what is meant is a report is taken.

The police will not arrest someone based on the statement of the

account holder, but will file a report with the prosecutor's office

for further investigation. The account holder should notify the

bank within the specified time. The bank will not take action

unless the account holder agrees to testify for the prosecution

against the named person(s) who alledgedly committed the act if it

should become necessary.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.