Asked in
Growth Rates
Male Puberty

What can you do to get growth spurts even though you've already had yours I've had mine early but now completely stopped growing at 14 Or is there a natural way to produce growth hormones?


User Avatar
Wiki User
October 22, 2008 6:10PM

== == It's highly likely that you are going to grow more. Your *main* growth spurt has stopped, yes, but people continue growing until around the age of 20-21, so it's not over yet. Be patient with "you". I know that's difficult, but you're still rather young and there is time! Give yourself time to "fill out", too.

While there is a hormone that can stimulate growth, aptly called Growth Hormone of course, it should not be used without being followed by a doctor. Growth Hormone is not available *legally* without a prescription and if you try to buy this stuff off the internet or from someone who says they are selling it, you have no idea of what is really in the drug and you could wind up being badly harmed by it.

Hormones are very powerful substances and can do amazing things in the body, but they can also totally *wreck* your body. That's why you have to be under a doctor's care in order to be on Growth Hormone.

You don't say how tall you are, or how tall the members of your family are. You must first look at your father and other family members...are they mostly what would be considered "short"? If so, then that is your heredity and there's not much you can do about that.

If you are significantly different from most of your immediate family members, then ask your parent to take you to the doctor to have you examined. Some kids do very well on Growth Hormone *for a short period of time*, and again...this must be done under the guidance of a doctor.

The most important thing, though is for you to become comfortable with who you are regardless of your height. Concentrate on your positive personality traits and improve those...and be patient right're still "a work in progress' and you need time to "finish".