Conditions and Diseases
Skin Care
Skin Disorders

What could cause your skin to break out in a rash and hives whenever you are in contact with a cold object or even cold water?

User Avatar
Wiki User
2008-01-17 00:53:17

Its an ice allergy - there is an actually medical name for it

but athletic trainers call it an ice allergy. I have the same

problem and I went to the Doctor and they told me just to take an

antihistamine before being in the cold for a extended period of

time. I know my friends who are athletic training majors have to

ask all the players if they have an ice allergy before they wrap

them in ice - so its not like its completely unheard of.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.