Asked in Symbolism and Symbolic MeaningsSigns and Omens
What does onyx gemstone symbolize?
October 13, 2010 6:29PM
Onyx is the anniversary gemstone for the 7th year of marriage.
Black Onyx is the anniversary gemstone for the 10th year of marriage.
Onyx is used as a heart, kidney, nerve, capillary, hair, eye and nail strengthener. Onyx is said to help one sleep. This gemstone helps to eliminate apathy, stress and neurological disorders.
Black Onyx enhances steadfastness and determination, setting ones mind to a task. It is grounding stone, valuable in difficult or confusing times in our lives. Extremely helpful to people who are in the process of " letting go" or releasing the past attachments to "people , places and things.
Excellent stone for initiating the process of centering and alignment of the total person with a Higher Power. It helps us to absorb whatever energy we need from the Universe.
Can be used to deflect or absorb the negativity of others, and in that way is a good stone for protection from negative forces and influences. More powerful for people in recovery when combined with Amethyst - The Stone of Sobriety.
Onyx helps you become the Master of your own Fate.
- Enhances self mastery
- Valuable in difficult or confusing times of our lives.
- Absorbs and flattens emotional intensity. Helps to smooth out the "Roller Coaster Ride" of emotions.
- Protection: A good stone for Entrepreneurs and Inventors, to repel negative energy surrounding other peoples opinions or ideas.
- Detachment: The ancient Egyptians believe that it could cool the ardors of love and actually cause arguments between lovers to the point of separation! Use Onyx for self-protection or to keep away or end unhealthy or bothersome emotional entanglements.
- Letting Go: Extremely helpful to people who are having trouble letting go or releasing the past or attachments and moving on after a relationship has ended, sometimes years past the event.
- Change: Helps release old beliefs and patterns that no longer serve us.
- Visions, and guidance through meditation and dreams.
Onyx is an excellent stone for initiating the process of centering and alignment of the total person with a Higher Power. It helps us to absorb whatever energy we need from the Universe. Reduces Sexual desire. Balances and grounds. It is not a "healing stone", rather it repels (negative energy).