Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2011-09-20 09:59:43

The California Collision Deductible Waiver (CDW) is coverage which waives your collision deductible if you are hit by a negligent uninsured motorist.

The CDW option with a personal auto insurance policy in California pays your collision deductible when you carry collision coverage on a vehicle that is damaged by an uninsured or hit-and-run motorist who is At Fault. Coverage typically applies only when there is actual physical contact and when you can identify the uninsured driver or vehicle.

Some insurance companies will not even talk about the coverage even if it is included in your policy until you bring it to their attention.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

An uninsured motorist endorsement is an added insurance policy for motorists. It covers injuries that have resulted from a collision by an uninsured driver.

If you have collision coverage on your car insurance you can have your car repaired by our own insurance company, subject to your deductible. Depending on the state if you are carrying uninsured motorists property damage the coverage may be used to repair your vehicle too, often at a deductible of $200-$300. Check your declarations page for an outline of your coverages, and refer to your policy contract for the details on your uninsured motorists property damage coverage.

If you do not have an uninsured motorist property damage coverage, your collision might be used to pay for the repairs to your car, in which case your collision coverage deductible will be used.

Yes, this would be covered with your uninsured motorists coverage and all uninsured motorists sections have a deductible of at least $250 or higher for the property damage section of the UM coverage. If later on the person admits or some way it is discovered who hit the car, then you would get your deductible back when you company was reimbursed by the person or their insurance company.

Uninsured motorists coverage is the coverage that is designed to cover this type of accident. Collision will also cover it if you don't have uninsured motorists coverage on your policy but you may be charged with an accident on your policy. A-Plus answer Comprehensive Coverage.

You got it! If you've got uninsured motorists property damage, then your company will pay for the damage to your vehicle caused by the uninsured motorcycle operator. You may have a small detuctible, $200-$300, and the the insurance company will sue the at-fault party to recover both the money they spent and your deductible, this process is called subrogation. The process works the same if you don't have the uninsured motorists property damage coverage but do have collision.

The insurance will pay for your damage if you have insurance from underinsured motorists. Otherwise, the motorist will pay for it who doesn't have insurance if they have any money.

I guess it depends, most policies have these coverages, some standard some optional. Liability Property Damage Medical Payments Collision Other Then Collision (Comprehensive) Uninsured Motorists Underinsured Motorists Rental Reimbursement Each state varies, some might be offered or not.

California. They also have the highest crime rates, food stamp usage rates, and uninsured motorists.

Only if the car carries collision coverage or the residing state offers uninsured motorists coverage for property damage. (some states don't). Also, with a hit and run, depending on which state your in, will depend on whether or not uninsured motorists for property damage will apply with hit & run.

If you have an uninsured motorists coverage, then it should.

If you have uninsured motorists coverage your insurance company will take the place of the other parties insurance coverage less a small deductible. They will then go after the other party to collect the amount of damages paid out plus your deductible. If and when it is all collected they will send you back your deductible. If your insurance company handles the claim for you and pays your damages you will have no further recourse as you sign over your legal rights to the insurance company under a subrigation agreement.

Auto insurance includes: liability, collision, comprehensive.Liability covers what you do to someone else's property and body.Collision covers your car when you are at fault in a collision.Comprehensive covers uninsured motorists, theft, vandalism. natural disasters and the like.the answer is liability coverage

Yes! Good thing you bought this extra coverage. Its actually uninsured motorists and underinsured motorists. It also depends on how much you bought. I hope you also have uninsured motorists property damage, because you have to buy bodily injury and property damage separately.

Yes insurance is available for uninsured motorists in Pennsylvania. I recommend Allstate Insurance Company. It is widely known and they offer great insurance to almost everybody at affordable prices. You can check out their site at

If I understand your question you are trying to recover a deductible you incurred due to the fault of the other driver who was uninsured? If this is the case it may depend on the state in which you live and what coverage you may or may not carry. If you are from CA, we have what is called UMCDW or uninsured motorist collision deductible waiver, which if you were carrying this type coverage as part of your auto policy, it would pay your deductible if your vehicle were hit by an at fault, identifiable uninsured driver. If you do not have similar coverage on your policy or in your state, you may simply have to file a claim in small claims court to recover your deductible and good luck. In many cases if you are dealing with an uninsured driver, even if you win judgement you still have to be able to collect it...sometimes the hardest part! In the future you may want to consider a product called CDRP which is a Collision Deductible Reserve Plan to insure your deductible is always available for you when you need to use it. It is a very wise financial move that can not only save you hundreds if not thousands on your car insurance premiums but would give you peace of mind knowing your deductible is always there when you need it! You can learn more about this incredible product at .

Yes, you can get insurance if you are an uninsured motorist in Illinois. You can look into local agencies or go online and check with nationwide companies.

Erie Insurance auto insurance plans include coverage for bodily injury liability, medical payments, property damage liability, collision, comprehensive, and uninsured/underinsured motorists.

Yes. If someone hits your vehicle and the insurance company pays for the damages, they will go after the person who was at fault for the damages paid and after they collect all the money paid out they will reimburse you for the deductible that you paid when the vehicle was repaired. The damages were paid under your uninsured motorists coverage which has at least a $250 deductible for property damage so when all the damages are recovered from the person, that will include the deductible and you will get a check back for that amount.

Sure. You will ahve to purchase UMBI and UMPD as they only come together but thst shouldn't be an issue. You don't have to have Comprehensive and Collision or any other coverages in order to get Uninsured Motorists coverage. I firmly recommend UM to all my clients whether or not they have any other coverages other than liability. You cannot purchase limits of uninsured motorists coverage that are higher than your liability coverages.

It's just auto Insurance. If you purchased coverage for uninsured motorists coverage option then yes you will be covered.

If you purchased uninsured motorists coverage with your policy you will be covered. The SR22 is not insurance, it's certificate of proof that you have insurance.

Underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage protects drivers when the in Florida as the state does not require motorists to carry bodily injury coverage.

£321 I don't know what the 321 pounds means above, but I just renewed my policy in California as follows: Liability - 50/100/25 Uninsured Motorist - 50/100/3.5 Comprhensive - $250 deductible Collision - $250 deductible Premium - $261.80 for six months Single Male Discounts - Auto/Home - Good Driver - Persistency

If all you have is uninsured motorists then no it will not pay. you need liability insurance to pay for damaged caused to another. Liability is what your supposed to have.

Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.