Asked in
Travel & Places
Electrical Wiring

What electrical converter do you need for Mexico?


User Avatar
Wiki User
August 25, 2016 6:27PM

Most places in Mexico adhere to the NEMA 1-15 (2 flat pins) standard. Some others use the American-adopted NEMA 5-15, which includes the third, ground pin. If you are from the U.S. you shouldn't have any trouble to plug your appliances/electronics, but in case your appliance has three pins, you should bring a converter just to be on the safe side.

If you have the European Standard or any other type of connector, you should buy a power converter, as the power grid uses a 110-120 Volt and most European appliances would not charge or work properly.