What events happened in William shakespeares life?
- April, 1564: Shakespeare is born
- November, 1582: Shakespeare marries Anne Hathaway
- May, 1583: Shakespeare's daughter Susanna is born
- 1585: Shakespeare's twins Judith and Hamnet are born.
- 1588: The Spanish Armada attacks England
- 1585-1590: Shakespeare drops out of circulation, and reappears as an actor.
- 1592: Shakespeare referred to as a playwright for the first time in Greene's Groatsworth of Wit
- 1593: Shakespeare publishes the successful soft-porn poem Venus and Adonis
- 1594: Shakespeare is made a partner in a new Acting Company, the Lord Chamberlain's Men
- 1594: Titus Andronicus is the first Shakespearean play to be printed
- 1596: Hamnet Shakespeare dies.
- 1596-1600: Shakespeare writes his happiest and funniest plays
- 1599: Shakespeare helps fund the construction of the Globe Theatre
- 1600: Shakespeare's father John dies. Shakespeare starts writing the great tragedies and dark comedies
- 1601: The Earl of Essex stages an unsuccessful rebellion against Elizabeth I. The Chamberlain's Men are involved but are not punished.
- 1603: Queen Elizabeth I dies; James I succeeds. The Lord Chamberlain's Men become the King's Men.
- November 5, 1605: The Gunpowder Plot. Guy Fawkes arrested.
- 1608: Shakespeare helps fund the purchase of the Blackfriars Theatre.
- 1609: Shakespeare's Sonnets are published
- 1611: Shakespeare starts a writing partnership with John Fletcher.
- June 29, 1613: The First Globe Theatre is burned to the ground
- 1613: Shakespeare retires to Stratford
- April 23, 1616: Shakespeare dies.
The two periods in William Shakespeares lifetime, were the Elizabethan period and the Jacobean Period The two periods in William Shakespeares lifetime, were the Elizabethan period and the Jacobean Period The two periods in William Shakespeares lifetime, were the Elizabethan period and the Jacobean Period The two periods in William Shakespeares lifetime, were the Elizabethan period and the Jacobean Period
Nothing we know of. It was an important year in his personal life (the twins were born in January or February), but we do not have any record of his working life at this time. We know that he went to London at some time after the twins were born, but not whether this happened in 1585 or in some later year.