Best Answer

If the judge has signed them, the parties' signatures are not required. If one party has prepared the decree following the judge's oral pronouncement, and if the other party fails to sign the proposed draft of the decree of divorce so that it can be submitted to the court, then the drafting party should file a "Motion to Enter" with a copy of the proposed decree attached to the motion and seek a hearing on the motion, and at such hearing the Court will enter a decree with or without signatures.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2009-02-05 03:59:09
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides
See all Study Guides
Create a Study Guide

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: What happens if the final divorce papers are not signed by the Petitioner but are signed by Respondent after 30 days of the Judge finalizing the divorce?
Write your answer...
Related questions

What happens when a petitioner and the respondent fail to show for a divorce hearing?

Generally, nothing happens. If neither party tries to reschedule the action will eventually be dismissed as an inactive case.

What are divorce laws in Florida?

Divorce laws in Florida vary according to numerous details, such as the grounds for divorce, whether it is an uncontested divorce, how property is divided, the allocation of child custody, and so on. For a divorce to be completed, the Petitioner and Respondent must reach a fair agreement, and it is highly advised that a divorce lawyer or mediator is hired to ensure this happens.

What happens if a respondent does not respond in divorce case?

That will not prevent the divorce. The courts will allow publication of notice in the local paper. It may take a little longer but if the respondent chooses to not represent their own interests in the divorce the plaintiff can obtain a default judgment.

What happens if the respondent does not file a response to divorce petition papers?

If you have a signed piece of paper that the respondent received the divorce petition papers, that is all you need. The other party has been served. The other party has been notified. The divorce can proceed. Your lawyer can inform the judge that the other party refused to respond. It happens all the time. You do have a lawyer, don't you?

What happens if the respondent didn't sign the separation agreement in a contested divorce because the respondent could not be found to be served?

Depending on the state - there are several different methods of handling this. You should contact your attorney or the court that granted the divorce that handled it for advice and guidance.

What happens if the respondent does not agree to a divorce?

He or she can contest the terms of the divorce but he or she cannot prevent the dissolution of the marriage. If a spouse refuses to respond/sign the final declaration the requesting spouse can receive a divorce under the default laws as applied in the state where the divorce is filed.

What happens if a respondent avoids being served divorce papers?

Eventually they will get served, it is best to move forward with life than avoid things.

What happens when the petitioner wants to file for divorce and don't have the grounds that are allowed by state law?

Most states have some form of "no fault" divorce, meaning that you do not have to prove grounds. You merely have to establish that there has been an irreparable breakdown in the marriage.

What happens if the respondent does not show up for court for hearing?

if the respondent did not show in hearing what is the decision?

What happens if i don't get a response from the petitioner after 30 days of being served?

The petitioner doesn't need to respond.

What happens if a petitioner doesn't show up for family court?

The petitioner is the person who brings the action, or files a case against another party. If the petitioner (or his or her attorney) doesn't show up for court, the case will probably be dismissed, but depending on the circumstances, it's possible the person may be able to refile. If you are the respondent, or the party the action was filed against, and you don't show up for court the judge may enter a default judgment against you, if appropriate. Generally speaking, you would probably lose.

What happens if the queen were to divorce her husband?

No divorce allowed

What happens if the petitioner doesn't show up for court for a restraining order?

it is dismissed by default

What happens if respondent doesn't want the divorce filed against her?

You can still get divorced even if the other party to the marriage does not want to go through with the process (as you can imagine, this is a common problem). You will file for divorce and attempt to get the cooperation of your spouse just as you would otherwise. It is not necessary for your spouse to sign the papers: if he or she refuses to participate in the divorce at all, you can still obtain a valid divorce through a default judgment. To avoid excessive problems, be sure to attempt to get your spouse to cooperate.

What happens when the respondent doesn't show up for court for a restraining order?

Restraining order is issued.

What are some secular views on divorce?

Divorce happens. The laws are secular for divorce, as well as any thing else.

What happens when a bankruptcy trustee uses an unexpected inheritance the petitioner receives to pay off debts a judge had ordered the ex-husband pay off at prior divorce proceedings?

The debts are paid off and the bankruptcy is closed or any remaining debts are discharged. Assuming the petitioner was the ex-wife who received the inheritance, the divorce court order still stands, and the ex-wife may file a contempt action in divorce court to have the ex-husband pay the ex-wife the amount used to pay the debts. He may even be liable for some or all the costs of the bankruptcy if his failure to pay the debts led to the bankruptcy.

What happens to marital assets in a divorce by default?

It depends on the judge's ruling in the decree. In the absence of the respondant they may award it all to the petitioner - OR they may rule that a certain amount of the marital assets be escrowed for a certain length of time until all legal efforts to to find the respondant are exhausted.

What happens if the spouse replies to the unwillingness court action of signing divorce papers What happens then in that situation Can you get the divorce regardless?

Request default motion.

What can happen for a failure to appear in a remote state hearing related to a requirement that you not have contact with the plaintiff?

Whenever you are summoned to appear before a court, regardless of its location, you are advised to appear in person or to at least have an attorney appear on your behalf. Depending on the nature of the case, a warrant for your arrest (called a "bench warrant") can be issued by the judge. If that happens, you will be arrested if a police officer has reason to run your ID through his computer system, such as in the case of a traffic stop. From the wording of your question, it SOUNDS like someone requested a Restraining Order (also known as a Protective Order) against you. That person is known as the "petitioner". When a petitioner asks the court for protection, a hearing date is automatically scheduled to determine whether the person has a good enough reason for the court to grant an order of protection. When the respondent (the person who is allegedly frightening or harming the petitioner) fails to appear in court at the time of the hearing, the court will assume that the petitioner has cause for an order of protection, and s/he will be granted an order by default. In other words, the petitioner "wins", and the respondent "loses". This over-simplifies the process, but I think it answers your question. The bottom line is: ALWAYS GO TO COURT OR HAVE A LAWYER GO FOR YOU WHEN YOU ARE SUMMONED TO APPEAR.

If an English women married and divorced a Turkish man in England what happens if the Turkish law does not recognize the divorce in Turkey?

Nothing happens if you marry and divorce him in England that is the law. You will have papers to prove your divorce and Turkey will accept that.

What happens if a partner does not sign the divorce papers?

What happens next if a partner does not sign the divorce papers first time

How can you get a divorce if your spouse refuses to sign the divorce papers in Indiana?

Usually you can start the divorce yourself and then get that served to the other party. They have a time period if which they have to respond or the divorce happens with a default judgment.

I filing an uncontested divorce what happens if my wife has'nt reponded within 30 days?

i filing for an uncontested divorce what happens if my wife hasn't responded with in 30 days

What happens if you get married before your divorce is finalized?