Children and the Law
Child Support

What happens with the child support order if the non-custodial parent is out of the state?



User Avatar
Wiki User

All US states honor and enforce child support orders issued by another state. The obligated parent is still bound by the terms of the support order regardless of his or her state of residency. The same actions can be taken to enforce the order in the state where the non custodial parent resides as would be possible in the state where the original order was issued.