- The Holy Qur'an was first revealed in the month of Ramadan ("The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Qur'an - Chapter 2 verses 185"). The first verses to be revealed was "Read" (Chapter 96 verses 1) on the 17th of Ramadan, 13 years before the Migration of the Prophet to Medina Corresponding to July 610 C.E.
- The embracing of Islam by Khadija bint Khuwailid (The wife of the Prophet and mother of the believers). She ws the first person to believe in his prophet-hood. She also died in the month of Ramadan.
- The military expedition of Hamzah ibn Abdul-Muttalib took place in this month. The First battle Flag or Standard was established during this expedition also.
- The imposition of the Poor due (Zakat) was enacted in this month.
- The performance of the Eid Prayers was enacted at the end of this month.
- The Great Battle of Badr took place on Friday, 17th of Ramadan 2 A.H., in which the Muslims were victorious over th polytheists of Makkah.
- The Conquest of Makkah in 8 A.H.
- The acceptance of Islam by the Thaqif delegation in 9 A.H.
- The assassination of the Commander of the Believers Ali Bin Abi Talib (May Allah be pleased with him) in the city of Al Kuffa in Iraq in 40 A.H.
- The death of Aisa Bint Abu Bakr (wife of the Prophet and mother of the believers) in 58 A.H.
- The Battle of Pontiers (Martyrs Field) in the plains of France between the Muslim army led by Abdulrahman al Ghafiqi (May Allah be pleased with him) and the Frankish army led by Charles Martel. In this battle many Muslim soldiers were Matyred. This took place in 114 A.H.
- The Battle of Ain Jalut in 658 A.H. in which the Muslim army led by Syed Qutuz (May Allah show mercy to his soul) defeated the Mongol army. This was a decisive victory for the Muslim.