Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2012-09-30 18:08:01

After making a police report, contact your insurance companies claims department right away and report the theft

If you have comprehensive coverage on that vehicle, then your loss will be covered under your policy.

If you have rental car coverage then the Insurance Company will also pay for a temporary rental car for you to drive. It just depends how much insurance you bought.

For vehicle theft claims, It is customary for the Insurance Company to wait a short time to see if your stolen vehicle is recovered for you by authorities.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

If You Did Not Purchase Full Coverage. They Are Not, So Looks Like The Person That Stole Your Car Is.

If by Full Coverage, you mean you also purchased Physical Damage, aka damage or loss of your vehicle and the car was confirmed stolen, preferrably via police report, the company will typically pay Actual Cash Value for your car, less your deductible.

Full coverage requirements have nothing to do with the age of the car. If you still make payments on the car then you still have to have full coverage. If you own the car outright, then you do not have to have it.

You will get the car back and plus they will give you the money to repair all damages on the vehicle. You will not get a check for the full amount of the car unless its totaled. You must have comprehensive in order to have coverage on a vehicle that has been stolen.

Yes, you will be reimbursed if you have full coverage on your car. If you do not have full coverage then you will not be covered.

you need to have Comprehensive coverage on your policy.

There is no age limit although the value of the car may not justify the cost of full coverage.

No, Joey didn't steal the car on Full House. He bought a stolen car and wasn't aware it was stolen.

"Full Coverage" usually means you have enough coverage to fix your car and their car regardless of who is at fault. PI and PD only fixes their car and your injuries.

Depends on your insurance coverage: ask your insurer.

If your contract requires full coverage and you do not have full coverage, you are in violation of the contract.

The thief who stole the car is liable for the damages he caused. The owner of the stolen vehicle is a victim also of the same Thief. You my seek compensation from your own insurance policy if you have full coverage options.

Most insurance companies will only pay the blue book value of the car at the time that it was stolen. Check the Kelley Blue Book or the National Automobile Dealers Association for approximate values.

Full coverage is more Expensive that PLPD because with full coverage anything that happens to your car they will pay for yours and the other persons car but with PLPD they only pay for the other persons car.

The full coverage of the old car is approximately $60 to $100. It gonna be cheaper if you negated with them. New car is approximately $150 to $200.

Absolutely not. Any personal items in your car would have to be covered by a homeowner or renter's insurance policy. All deductibles would apply separately.

Not if you now only have liability coverage.

No. It would be insurance fraud to up to full coverage for a missing bike and then claim it was stolen. Quick ride to jail. Report it to police and you may recover it.

Yes, you do. GAP coverage covers the difference between the value of the car and the amount owed. That means that you are making payments on the car, which is financed, which requires full coverage, insurance wise.

Full coverage will cover acts of nature and vandalism and theft. Full coverage completely insures the car against all acts committed by others or from accidents.

If you have comprehensive coverage on your vehicle, that is the coverage that will pay for your stolen vehicle.

It depends on whether or not you carry comprehensive coverage on your car. Comp is an optional coverage if you own the car outright and may be a mandatory coverage if you have a loan on it. But the comp coverage would only pay for repair to the car. If you have items in the car that were stolen, however, they would actually be covered by your homeowner's or renter's insurance and NOT your auto insurance.

Yes, that would be under your comprehensive coverage.

On a car? If it is old, then no. If it is new, I suggest you get full coverage because it will cost less to fix it than replace it. If you finance any portion of the loan in which the car is having a lien on it, you will need to protect the collateral and the bank will require a full coverage policy.

Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.