Divorce and Marriage Law

What if your spouse refuses to move out during a divorce?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2010-01-15 15:50:20
2010-01-15 15:50:20

Why should he? You could move instead.

User Avatar

Related Questions

Even in Illinois both must file for divorce, then only will things move forward.

The options include: stop paying the mortgage and let the bank repossess the house; pay the entire mortgage yourself; divorce the spouse and move out; divorce the spouse and stay, while your spouse moves out; find out why your spouse refuses to pay half of the mortgage and see if some agreement can be reached; seek cheaper housing; go on an extended backpack tour of Europe; enlist in the army. That's about it.

You cannot divorce in Fable 2. But your spouse can divorce you. move them to a horrible house, (Gypsy Camp) then set there daily allowance to 0. Very soon your spouse will divorce you.

To get a divorce without moving out of your house, you will need to get your spouse to move out, or reach an agreement about continuing to live (separately) in the home.

The divorce should have included a motion to this effect, otherwise not required to.

When you get a divorce ,if your spouse has moved in with you ,you can ask them to move out and if you have had a child with your ex-spouse your child lives with you or you can have shared custody of the child but if it is a teenager when you and your previous partner get a divorce you will ask them to choose who they will live with and they can either choose you or your ex-spouse or shared custody

That falls under the category of tough luck. If the spouse can not afford to move, the other would have to agree to let them stay. If they do not agree, the other has to go.

The best is for you to move out. You can't force him but maybe you might be able to convince him through talking.

You should consider divorce when: * You are being mentally or physically abused * When your spouse is constantly cheating and there is no sign of it stopping. * When the spouse is either an alcoholic, drug user and refuses treatment. * When both parties argue beyond reason constantly and there is no end in sight. This can be extremely hard on any children the couple may have and a waste of time for the couple to be together. * If the spouse disappears for days or weeks at a time without any explanation as to where they have been. * If the male is capable of working, but refuses to support his family. These are a few reasons. If the person has a problem and seeks help then the other spouse should be there as support. If the spouse doesn't cooperate then it's time to move on. It's not healthy for you or any children involved.

The State of Florida is a no-fault divorce state, meaning the court will not assign fault to either party for the divorce. Neither spouse can prevent the other from obtaining a divorce. Marriage is not a prison and an inmate who is incarcerated for life cannot impose a life sentence on their spouse. She/he has the right to move on with their life. The inmate does not have to consent to the divorce.

you can get the courts to move forward even without the other party's signature. it takes months longer though, * If a legal separation was granted that means that marital property has been divided according to the agreement of the party's involved or ruling of the court. The spouse who wishes the divorce to be finalized may request the court to grant the dissolution of the marriage under the state default laws. This process when in conjunction with a legal separation will not take any longer than regular divorce procedures.

In Harvest Moon Magical Melody your spouse will move in with you, but he will only move in to your first house, So your spouse did move in with you.

It depends on the agreement between the two of you. It definitely saves money, but it is a difficult situation to live in.

Depends on your situation. If your spouse is not a nice person, you'd want to move out before filing for divorce. If they would be very angry or liable to hurt you, you should leave first. There are some couples who continue to share a house while getting a divorce.

It is often times difficult to get spouse to leave the home whether they are cheating; mental or physical abusing their spouse. It would be to your best interest to see a divorce lawyer and start divorce proceedings. The lawyer will most likely be able to give your husband no choice, but to leave the home until the divorce is settled.

well...usually the husband moves out (or the wife!!) BEFORE the official divorce so they don't have to live (or sleep) together. but im guessing that they have about a week. the marital judge decides of course.

This is up to you, if you wanted to end your marriage because he or she cheated. If this is the only way for you to move forward, just do it. You never know how much better it is to be divorce from your spouse. It will take you at least 9 months but sometimes it will take at least a year if there are settlement to make between man and wife.

if the member and their spouses are getting a divorce the military will not pay to move the spouse wherever he/she may want to move to. if the member seperates the member is the only one they will move

Serving the papers is part of the process and will not move forward until your spouse is notified, or that every attempt to notify him has been made.

Relative Divorce is when you move away from a family member

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.