What is a NJ resident title producers license?

In NJ you must have a title insurance producer's license in order to effect or sell title insurance.

A "resident" producer's license is for someone residing (a resident) in the state of New Jersey.

A "foreign" producer's license would be someone living outside of NJ, but effecting or selling title insurance.

A licensed title producer can: perform title examinations, prepare title commitments/binders, give title insurance quotes, sell title insurance products/services, perform real estate closings/settlements and issue title insurance policies.

Anyone receiving title insurance commissions must be licensed, including attorneys.

A non-licensed person working in a title agency may perform administrative acts only that do not involve the above, which are considered "effecting and selling" title insurance.

A resident producer is licensed bi-annually and required to take Continuing Education during each licensing period.