Best Answer

I hope you had it checked out. It could just be an irritation - from friction, heat, or other. It sounds like it could be an STD, so just be sure to see a Dr. as soon as possible, and avoid sexual contact until you have been treated, since more activity can cause discomfort, further irritation, and/or spreading of a possible contagion.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2009-03-12 13:38:35
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: What is a treatment for a red rash with red bumps around the genital area and what is it if it isn't STD?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

What do you do about bumbs around your genital area?

The treatment for genital bumps depends on the cause. Stop shaving, reduce the number of chemicals used in the area, and see your health care provider for advice.

Non-painful bumps around genital area?

could be genital warts caused by HPV

What std can cause bumps on your genitals?

Herpes, genital warts, and molluscum contagiosum are the STDs that can cause bumps on your genitals. Trichomoniasis can sometimes cause a rash in the genital area as well.

Is it a good chance that the bumps you recently found on your genital area is due to shaving?

Nope, you got herpes.

What are the small hard bumps in groin area?

There is a chance it could be genital warts caused by an HPV infection.

What causes itching bleeding bumps around the urethra and genital area?

It could possibly be herpes. Those usually itch, and if irritated, bleed. You should definitely have this checked by your doctor.

Is there any medication for Mollusscum contagiosum?

Healthy people may not need treatment for molluscum contagiosum, because the bumps usually go away on their own in 2 to 4 months. Some people choose to remove the bumps because they don't like how the bumps look or they don't want to spread the virus to other people. Doctors usually recommend treatment for bumps in the genital area to prevent them from spreading. If you need treatment, your choices may include: Freezing the bumps, called cryotherapy or cryosurgery. Scraping off the bumps, called curettage. Putting a chemical on the bumps, like cantharidin or potassium hydrochloride. Using liquids or creams, such as those used to treat warts.

What is pubeing?

Looking at the hair around the genital area.

Can genital wart pop like pimples and heal normally like pimple will it grow back on the same are its popped?

No, but the pubic area is prone to folliculitis/ingrown hairs-- which behave the way you are describing. If you are female, it is normal to have some bumps around your vulva. If you are male, small, raised bumps around the glans are also normal.

Can you get genital warts on your foreskin?

Yes, you can get genital warts on your foreskin just like any other area of your genitals. You should see a doctor for proper medical treatment.

What causes genital warts and how can you treat them?

Genital warts are warts or growths around the genital area, which are caused via a sexually transmitted disease. The virus is the human papillomavirus.

What can cause little red bumps around the vagina and the clitoris area with itching and burning?

Infection, contact dermatitis, and other dermatologic conditions can cause bumps, burning, and itching on the vulva. See your health care provider for accurate diagnosis and effective treatment.

People also asked